Triggering Scenese In stages

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by GeorgeKosmas, Nov 27, 2004.

1. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Hello all,
    I have a touch screen on a c-bus network and i am trying to get about 15 dimmer channels to turn on one after another with about a 4 second delay between each other.

I have tried to set up other group addresses to trigger other scenes (Trigger Looking Good Scene Part 2 to 100% over 4 seconds), so I have 15 "phantom" group addresses which are triggering scenes. One i got around the circular group address triggering and downloaded it to the touch screen I found out that all the dimmers still turn on all at once. :confused: even after i told it to go to 100% over 4 sec it all happends pretty much instantly.

If this sounds a little bit hard to understand then people give me your e-mail address and i will e-mail you the c-touch configuration or i might even post it up on the forum (If i can :confused: ).

Regards
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2004
    GeorgeKosmas, Nov 27, 2004
  2. GeorgeKosmas

Darren Senior Member

When you ramp a group address to a level, any scenes will be triggered when the command is sent NOT at the end of the ramp time. I am not sure how you achieved a 4 seconds ramp time, as they don't exist :confused:

Darren, Nov 28, 2004
  3. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Thanks Darren,
    Thankyou for your reply. I phoned c-bus tech support and they told me that I will be able to do this with the new c-touch software that is coming out (with pulsing group addresses). So I have downloaded the Beta software and trying it on a touch screen that I have.

I am trying it out now as I am writing so I will post up how it all turned out if I get it working for future people if they want to get something like this done in the future.

:cool: Hopfully it will look very cool when its done :cool:

Regards
    George

GeorgeKosmas, Nov 28, 2004
  4. GeorgeKosmas

coppo

and then some...

The main thing to watch out for on this is you have to reverse your thinking...

Because people have been so used to using "delays " with other products, they then expect to be able to do things exactly the same way with CIS software, sometimes thats good , sometimes its bad.

SCENE 1:
    Instead of "delays" the scenes support PULSE, so effectively what you do is pulse the GA to a level that is not being used, nominate the pulse duration, then have the GA "RETURN" to the required triggering level instantly.

In some cases you may need to create a RESET scene / SCENE 2 to reset all of the GA's previously set to triggering levels including the triggering command for Scene2.

When the LOGIC engine is released for various CIS products you will then be able to create logic modules using proper delays and such, including resets. These modules can be triggered by events on the bus or even by adding a component(ie: a button) on the screen and giving it the properties of "ENABLE MODULE". When you create the module you can also deem it as "RUN ONCE THEN DISABLE" to simplify your code and conserve resources.
    :eek:

coppo, Nov 29, 2004
Ask a Question