Triggering between 2 scenes by one button

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yecora, Feb 7, 2012.

1. yecora

yecora

Hello!

Is it possible to trigger between two scenes (like Room On/Room Off) with only one button on Saturn keypad? Or use short-press or long press to recall corresponding scene? Sorry if this was described before, just point me in this case, please!

Oleg

yecora, Feb 7, 2012
  2. yecora

Roosta

Hello,

This is how i do it myself..

It is only possible if you have the scenes stored in a pac, touchscreen or wiser..

Set one scene to be triggered by "trigger group 1" going to "ON"
    Set other scene to be triggered by "trigger group 1" going to "OFF"

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Feb 7, 2012
  3. yecora

Robbo_VIC

exactly like this.

Robbo_VIC, Feb 7, 2012
  4. yecora

Kurt

can you expand on this a bit more ...im trying to do something with a dlt and failing.

ive re writen this post about 10 times and i dont know what im missing.

Do i use a blank scene in the dlt, etc etc. action selectors??. where do i set the scene to be on and off and not have it change each time i open scene manager.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    Kurt, Feb 9, 2012
  5. yecora

2SC

No no no
    As Roosta said, you need a touch screen or a pac or a wiser to do what is described above...

Attached Files:

2SC, Feb 9, 2012
  6. yecora

Kurt

cheers - as i said i had rewriten the post quite a few times.

I have a ctc, 2 networks bridged, and a crap load of things fans and blinds and scenes that the client wants to have - he just wants it to be 'simple'....

the closest i got was the lights would come on and then turn of straight away.
    And no matter what i seemed to try scene manager would tell me i should change the trigger or action setting

Kurt, Feb 9, 2012
  7. yecora

Robbo_VIC

hi Kurt, can you post up a screenshot of the scene like above?

Robbo_VIC, Feb 10, 2012
  8. yecora

Kurt

will add in all info that i think is needed.

For some reason i dont get a recieve back on teh log screen to the ctc from any items in the scene

When i setup the scenes using the light application as trigger it tells me that i will end up with a constant loop cycle. Another thing is by adding this B1 Light scene to the dlt it stops the other dlt turning on almost the same set of lights..

Also while we are on this scene thing, why is it that i can set a scene in scene manager and set the level of the lights to say 25% and if i use 2 seperate buttons - ie on and off it works but if i use one button on/off and select a scene to be turned on and off it turns on the light components at 100% regardless??

Attached Files:

Kurt, Feb 10, 2012
  9. yecora

Roosta

Kurt,

Scene looks setup correctly..

In your dlt setup the button u wish to control the scenes, set it to on/off function controlling your 'B1 Light Scene' group address..

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Feb 13, 2012
  10. yecora

2SC

Kurt,
    you get the warning because the trigger group was created in Lighting application. The warning should not worry you.
    You can preferably use the trigger control application, however your switches should allow a secondary application like http://prntscr.com/63ovl

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    2SC, Feb 13, 2012
  11. yecora

Darren Senior Member

You are probably using the on/off button to control the Scene groups directly, rather than triggering the on/off scene. In the first case, the levels in the Scene are ignored.

Darren, Feb 16, 2012
  12. yecora

Kurt

Cheer for confirming that Darren, had pretty much come to a similar conclusion and just accepted it....

Back to the OP, still havent been able to use one button to turn on and off scenes as discribed and have pretty much given up on it.

I ended up in a complete loop with scene manager telling me i have to change my trigger or cancel changes and just lost interest.

I have moved on to getting shirty and fighting with logic to try and do other things instead.

Kurt, Feb 16, 2012
  13. yecora

2SC

Kurt,
    send me the toolkit and piced project and I will do it for you, not big deal.

2SC, Feb 16, 2012
  14. yecora

Newman

It's not too difficult so there's probably just one step somewhere that you've missed in getting it to all happen.

Perhaps a re-cap "from the top" will be helpful?
    • Create your 2 Scenes in PICED (e.g. "Living Lights On" and "Living Lights Off"), setting all the Group Addresses to the correct levels for each case. Note that it may be helpful to have a button for each scene in your CTC project somewhere so that you can check that the scene by itself gives the correct behaviour.
    • On the Scene Trigger tab for each scene, set the Application to Trigger Control.
    • Configure both Scenes to use the same Trigger Group (Group Address field set to "Living Room Scenes", for example).
    • Set the "Living Lights On" scene to use Action Selector 255. Call it something sensible light "Living Scene On".
    • Set the "Living Lights Off" scene to use Action Selector 0. Call it something like "Living Scene Off".
    • Save this configuration to the CTC and wait for it to re-start.
    • In the switch you wish to trigger all this go to the Unit Identification tab and assign the Secondary Application to Trigger Control.
    • On the button you wish to use to toggle the scenes set the key to the Secondary Application by clicking the green P. It should change to a blue S.
    • Select the Group to the Trigger Group you used in the CTC project, i.e. "Living Room Scenes".
    • Set the Key Function to 'On/Off'.
    • Save the config to the switch.
    • If you have multiple networks there's one extra step you need to do. Open up the configuration for the Network Bridge and make sure that on the Connection tab that either Application 1 is set to 'All Applications' or that either Application 1 or Application 2 is set to Trigger Control.
    That should be about it. Let us know how you go.

Newman, Feb 20, 2012
  15. yecora

Kurt

Forgot to get back to this post, turned out that the issue seemed to be with a scene i had created, and was trying to duplicate from - didnt matter what i did to that scene it would not work.

So it was deleted and the others that i had created as well, and since then all the scenes i have made work fine - just as all of you have said it should

Kurt, Feb 29, 2012
  16. yecora

l60mcm

Hi sorry for the hijack but I have some questions that relate to what is being asked.
    Is there anyway to allocate other action selectors to DLT buttons For example

I have a scene set for kitchen with the action selectors
    Kitchen on 0
    Kitchen off 1 I will set these two as described above (on 255 off 0)
    Cooking 2
    Island 3
    Can Cooking and Island be put as ON buttons of their own with the off of button 1 turning them off. I don?t mind having the on and off as separate buttons

I have the above working on single buttons on my BW touch screen

Hope my request makes since

l60mcm, Aug 6, 2012
  17. yecora

Newman

PICED will only allow you to edit the name of an Action Selector that actually exists. Whilst Action Selectors 0 - 255 may always be listed, if they're not included in your Toolkit project anywhere they don't actually exist in your tag database. To fix this, you need to use the green '+' to create the desired action selector. PICED occasionally prevents the user from creating their desired action selector (I don't know all the rules) but you can always fire up Toolkit, create your Action Selector there, then go back to PICED. Use the Tools -> Refresh C-bus Tags feature to pull in the updated tag database from Toolkit to PICED without having to close and re-open your project.

It sounds like what you want to do is remotely trigger the Scenes from the DLT. If this is correct then to do this you just configure the button on the DLT as a Scene button, give it the same Trigger Group and Action Selector as required by the remote scene, and then just leave the local Scene on the DLT empty. Just remember that a single DLT can only control Action Selectors within a single Trigger Group in this way, but you get the benefit of the indicators being managed for you.

Newman, Aug 7, 2012
  18. yecora

RichieP

Hi, I see this post was along time ago, I have a related question, I am trying to control 6 scenes via 1 trigger group using 6 action selectors. I can change scenes using edlt using 6 scenes in the dlt. However I would like to control these scenes without taking up the 6 scenes in the edlt, so I can use scenes for other purposes
    I want to make the top button of each dlt cycle through the 6 scenes, like the scene cycle function. I presume the only way to do it is with code.

RichieP, Apr 11, 2021
  19. yecora

chromus

Scenes on EDLT don't work quite like that, the closest you could do is code and a dimmer, where the code reads the level and sets the scene. based on the level. The screen of the EDLT would only show your 0-255 or 0-100% depending how you configure it.

chromus, Apr 11, 2021
  20. yecora

jonnyp64

I don’t know if you are still on here Newman but thanks for this post- clear instructions and worked first go

jonnyp64, Nov 19, 2021
Ask a Question