Triggering a scene using a DLT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zorro, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Zorro

Zorro

Hi all,
    I have set up a scene in my CTS called "TG All Off". I have then attempted to Trigger this scene using a DLT, i have set the DLT key on the Trigger Control Application and used the defined Trigger group. I have not been able to get this scene to Trigger.

So my question is, how do you use a DLT to trigger a scene set up using a CTS?

Thanks for any help.

Zorro, Feb 10, 2012
  2. Zorro

Newman

The correct way to remotely trigger a scene that is stored in a device like a C-Touch from a device like a DLT is to do the following:

• Configure the Scene in the C-Touch so that it can be triggered by an Action Selector on the Trigger Control application.
    • Configure the DLT key as a scene key. Assign it the same Trigger Group and Action Selector. Assign it to an empty scene in the DLT.
    When you press the DLT button this will send a message out onto the C-Bus network, consisting of both the Trigger Group and Action Selector. When the C-Touch receives this message it will set the scene.

Newman, Feb 10, 2012
  3. Zorro

Zorro

That worked out,

Thanks very much.

Zorro, Feb 16, 2012
Ask a Question