Trigger messages

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by rhamer, Aug 24, 2012.

1. rhamer

rhamer

I understand the standard Trigger Event message and how to use it but can anybody explain to me what the "Trigger Min" and "Trigger Max" messages do.

I think they might be to turn all loads that form part of the targeted scene to off (or their preset min) or on (or the preset max). does this sound correct?

Also with regard to the Indicator Kill message, will this be automatically generated and broadcast (by what device?) as soon as the scene is deemed broken?

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 24, 2012
  2. rhamer

ashleigh Moderator

Trigger Min is a shorthand for Trigger on Group X with Action selector 0.

You can therefore figure out what Trigger Max does.

These nasty little shorthands cause a bit of confusion but the world is kinda stuck with them now. Try and avoid the terms if you can.

Indicator Kill will be transmitted by whichever device detects the broken scene; this *should* be the device that set the scene. Such devices should have an internal state machine which knows that it set a scene (and sets state "scene_set"). When the state is "scene_set" it watches the groups in that scene, and if it sees a level change from what was set in the scene, it then changes state to "scene_broken", and at that state change, issues an Indicator Kill command. The "scene_broken" state can usually be transitory, in that once the indicator kill has been sent, the scene state can change to "scene_not_set".

ashleigh, Aug 24, 2012
  3. rhamer

rhamer

So to be clear, they are kind of redundant, as I can achieve the same thing with the standard Trigger message and an appropriately set Action Selector?

Got it.

Thanks again Ashleigh.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 24, 2012
  4. rhamer

ashleigh Moderator

Yes, and in fact this is a clearer and more consistent way to do things which will lead to less trouble in the long run.

ashleigh, Aug 24, 2012
Ask a Question