Trigger control scene help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fatso, Jul 11, 2017.

1. fatso

fatso

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help, I've read through the tutorials etc but I am still struggling. I'm no cbus expert by any means so it's probably (hopefully) something simple. I have a B&W touch screen in my kitchen with an Edlt at the far end. I have a total of 5 scenes (cooking,chill,night,feature and all off) I have programmed the scenes into the scene manager on the edlt through the scene manager I added the trigger group "kitchen scenes" and have selected this trigger group for all of the above. I added the action selector for each scene with corresponding names chill etc. The screen I have the 5 buttons for each of the scenes, on the cbus tab for each button I have selected "trigger group = kitchen scenes and then action selector/level as each of the scene names. Now when I turn say the cooking scene on at the screen all of the scene buttons turn on but the scenes do not work!!

Any help would be greatly apptreciate

fatso, Jul 11, 2017
  2. fatso

Ashley

It's not really clear from your description which 'screen' or 'buttons' you are referring to so I assume:
    1/ The scenes are created in the EDLT and work correclty from the EDLT buttons.
    2/ You are trying to remote trigger the scenes from the touch screen.

Not sure what you mean here. The scene name has nothing to do with the action selector.

To trigger a remote scene from a touchscreen, you need to configure a button as a preset on the Cbus tab, then select Trigger from the application, then the trigger group and action selectors from the drop down list.

If things don't work, run the diagnostic utility and see what commands are actually being given

Ashley, Jul 12, 2017
  3. fatso

fatso

Apologies, it was a bit of a late night post.
    I have the scenes all programmed and working fine in the edlt.
    On the touchscreen i have added the 5 buttons with the key function as on/off
    then controlled item as "Single group" selected the right network and application as Trigger control and group address as Kitchen scenes, below the controlled item on the cbus tab is a section called level which when key function is on/off is greyed out but when i change it to preset like you said i can then click the action selector drop down menu and select numbers 0 to 255 with numbers 1 to 6 being my action selectors. It looks like i was going wrong using the on/off key function for remote triggering of a scene. Ive just ran simulation mode and when set as preset it wont turn off now...

fatso, Jul 12, 2017
  4. fatso

Ashley

An action selector triggers a scene which sets it to it's defined values. To turn a scene off you need a separate scene with the groups set to zero. The EDLT has special processing that allows you to set all groups in a scene to zero. You can't do this remotely. Traditionally you just have an ALL OFF button that triggers the OFF scene.

Ashley, Jul 12, 2017
  5. fatso

fatso

perfect, i was thinking i was needing an all off scene. I appreciate your help. cheers

fatso, Jul 12, 2017
Ask a Question