Transformers GE Model SET60LVA

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by bartmannz, Apr 30, 2007.

1. bartmannz

bartmannz

A customer has installed these in there house along with a 4 channel 2amp dimmer (5 lights per circuit)

The transfomer are very noise - has anyone used these transfomers before:confused:

bartmannz, Apr 30, 2007
  2. bartmannz

Nathan

I find the ATCO Possums the best. No Noise and havent had one fail. thousands installed not one returned. On the other hand Crompton Plutos not worth the cardbaord packaging. These Plutos were Installed by others and had problems when low dimming caused pulsing light levels and 70% failure rate.

Nathan, May 1, 2007
  3. bartmannz

znelbok

I think it is generally understood that the possum is the only real solution for electronic tranny's with C-bus - good capacitance and great reliability .

znelbok, May 1, 2007
  4. bartmannz

NickD Moderator

Hey Mick

Have you tried a Universal dimmer?

Nick

NickD, May 2, 2007
  5. bartmannz

znelbok

No, not as of yet. I though someone may ask that question based on what I posted.

Still the possums are good and have been mentioned quite a few times here. We have not seen a failure in the 4-5 years that we have used them. Although I have heard of a bad batch, All were faulty in the box, and all were duly replaced - but that is what I heard and was not first hand experience.

Mick

znelbok, May 2, 2007
  6. bartmannz

JohnC

I agree re: Possums, and the old Speedy 70VA and 105VA too.

I reckon I have been involved in various projects over the years that have used about 50,000. No failures, no major C-Bus issues. Small number of reports of pulsing at low set levels, can't remember the details of why but the solution was to re-set the min. dimmer level ;)

JohnC, May 7, 2007
Ask a Question