Transferring logic from PACU into PICED via network

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wappinghigh, Jun 2, 2009.

1. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Having everything up and running via networked wiser (except remote access), including managing to edit and transfer widgets INTO the wiser, and changing group address etc on my cbus, I'm now trying to edit my PACU.

But I can't seem to find a way to transfer it's code into PICED via my network. The only options are via C-bus and via Serial port...

Ummm is this right?

Surely there is a way now via a networked PC running PICED/C-gate/toolkit....or is it back to the old serial port? :confused:

wappinghigh, Jun 2, 2009
  2. wappinghigh

NickD Moderator

Ummm.. the PAC only has serial and C-bus connections... so they're the only ways to connect to it.

Can you get a copy of the original PICED project from whoever did the install? If you paid for the work then I'd have thought you'd expect to be given the project along with all the other documentation.

Nick

NickD, Jun 3, 2009
  3. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Tell me you are you kidding?

I have the original PICED.

Surely you are joking about the PACU. I don't mean to be too critical but isn't the whole idea of WISER to make easy access to all of the cbus products via a network....:confused:

wappinghigh, Jun 3, 2009
  4. wappinghigh

Darren Senior Member

If you create a C-Bus project with a Wiser as the connection to C-Bus, you will be able to use C-Gate, and any applications which use C-Gate to connect to that network. If you select this project in PICED, you should be able to transfer projects to and from PAC via C-Bus, but it will be very slow.

Darren, Jun 3, 2009
  5. wappinghigh

ashleigh Moderator

You are loading commissioning data into the PAC. Not something you do every day. Physical access is not unreasonable. You can remotely program it (over cbus) also, as Darren says, this is slow. Loading lots of info over a low speed bus, whilst possible, will never be blistering fast.

ashleigh, Jun 3, 2009
  6. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Thanks Ashleigh

Surely CIS must but be thinking about addressing this....

What is going to happen when XP disappears and something like the PAC USB/COM port driver won't work anymore....I'd love an upgraded IP/networkable PAC. I'd replace my old one tomorrow if there was such an product...

Come to think of it aren't there serial:>ethernet/IP conversion devices out there? I'd buy that instead...now surely something like that exists somewhere!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    wappinghigh, Jun 4, 2009
  7. wappinghigh

gotliebk

Check Digi. I know they make several IP to serial gateways. I believe you would need an IP to USB gateway for what you want. I don't believe you can upload programming through the PAC's serial ports.

gotliebk, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question