Touchscreen user shutdown

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JasonCox, Oct 6, 2005.

1. JasonCox

JasonCox

I have a client with two touchscreens, one in the kitchen and one above his bed.

He has asked me if it is possible to shut down the touchscreen of a night in the bedroom. He is worried about electrical fields and the like (he's a doctor).

Is there anything we can do?

if not, can we do anything to minimise the 'buzzing computer above my head'?

JasonCox, Oct 6, 2005
  2. JasonCox

Richo

Black and White or Colour screens?

Richo, Oct 6, 2005
  3. JasonCox

JasonCox

both colour

JasonCox, Oct 6, 2005
  4. JasonCox

Darren Senior Member

I guess you could power the unit via a C-Bus relay and control that relay from the other C-Touch. This is an undesirable thing to do though, because each time you switch one on, it takes a while to establish all of the C-Bus levels etc.

The Colour C-Touch has passed very stringent EMC tests. The electric fields emitted would be no more than from other sources - power wiring, clock radio etc.

I have never heard one "buzz". Does it really make a noise ?

You should set it up so that the backlight goes to its lowest level when the room is dark. You could also set up a time-out page which is essentially black with maybe a small clock on it in a light colour font. This will make it much less conspicuous at night. You could probably do this and tell your client that it is a low-power mode ;)

Darren, Oct 7, 2005
  5. JasonCox

JasonCox

No, they don't make a noise, but he is just VERY concerned about EMC and the illuminance of the screen.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking the same about the black page and backlight. Maybe future updates could have a hibernate option? dunno how successful that would be to do though :rolleyes:

JasonCox, Oct 9, 2005
  6. JasonCox

NickD Moderator

Suggest that he wraps his head in alfoil before he goes to bed. It may help with the mind control rays too.

Nick :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
    NickD, Oct 10, 2005
Ask a Question