Touchscreen to SHAC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by WazzaStowe, Jul 6, 2020.

1. WazzaStowe

WazzaStowe

Hi all, customer has a 16 year old BS5000CTC Colour touchscreen - stopped talking to CBus,
    Have confirmed connectivity, backed up project to PICED, and separately backed up the database

Been advised I need to go to a 5500SHAC and touchscreen - having never used one of these before, am I going to be able to transfer the project into the new gear without major hiccups?

any advice gratefully accepted.

WazzaStowe, Jul 6, 2020
  2. WazzaStowe

chromus

Short answer no way to move all your PICED stuff to the SHAC it works on a different language and engine. You would have to recode it all.

SHAC has been the bane of my life for months, one client got a fault unit and this was replaced by a DOA unit :(

the screen is CRAZY expensive and you would be better off using an android tablet or ipad mini or surface Go that connects to the SHAC which would be more versatile

Contact @Trevor from Arbor he does repairs on the colour screens.

chromus, Jul 6, 2020
  3. WazzaStowe

Trevor

Thanks for the referral Cromus,
    Hi WazzaStowe,

If the unit you have is a colour touch screen 5080CTC1, 2 or 3 then yes i can repair them, my contact details are below

Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager

Arbor Australia Pty Ltd

Eastern Business Centre
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal Road, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia
    Phone +61 3 8736 0328
    Mobile 0404 887 463
    Email Address’s
    [email protected]

Trevor, Jul 6, 2020
Ask a Question