Touch Screen status is not syncronized with relays

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by LeonZhang, Sep 15, 2011.

1. LeonZhang

LeonZhang

I got an installer asking the question , the setup is described as below
    1. 2 networks(A and B) are connected by one Network bridge
    2. there is a mono touch screen in network A.
    3. each network consists about 20 units( key input and relays)

problem faced:

satus of button on touch screen only syncronized with status of key input in Network B, but its status can syncronize with status of key input in its own network(A)--ps. syncronized here mean if the indicator on key input is on, then button on touch screen will be aslo on later even the button on screen was pressed and the actual status of channel is off.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    LeonZhang, Sep 15, 2011
  2. LeonZhang

Darren Senior Member

You seem to have contradicted yourself here. Maybe give an example of what you mean.

Also have a read of this document: C:\Clipsal\PICED\Manuals\C-Bus Networks.pdf - it explains all about dealing with multiple C-Bus networks.

Darren, Sep 16, 2011
  3. LeonZhang

LeonZhang

Hi, Darren
    I had read C-Bus network file and can't really find out what is wrong in the network.

the problem is touch screen in Network A show same button status (on or off) as key input's status in network A, but the status of button in touch screen is not same as status of key input in network B( surely these key input and touch screen button are defined as same group)

there is one more piece of information: the problem I described above dispeared in PICED simulation mode( button in PICED working well with key input)

LeonZhang, Sep 21, 2011
  4. LeonZhang

Newman

Is this only an issue at power-up? It may be the case that the output units on the two networks have different power-up settings for the same group, resulting in them being out of sync.

The group address states can get out of sync if the two halves of the network bridge are not configured the same. For example, if the Send to Adjacent option is turned on for the Bridge-half on network B only, then any changes made to the group address on network A will not be seen on network B, but changes to the group address on network B will be seen on network A. This is a possible cause of your problem. If you want the two networks to behave like 1 big network then you need to turn on the Send to Adjacent option on both sides of the bridge.

Another posssible cause is just a misunderstanding of how bridges work. They send C-Bus commands over the network (when configured to do so) but the state synchronisatoin mechanism (MMI's) does not get passed over. That means that if things are out of sync on 2 networks, then they will stay out of sync, i.e. they never get pulled in to line.

Another cause is that one of your networks just has unreliable communication. It's quite possible that the bridge just isn't seeing some of the commands, and therefore not able to send them to the other network. I suggest you use the Diagnostic Utility to monitor both networks (using a separate PCI) to see if you're getting any errors on either of the network.

Newman, Sep 21, 2011
  5. LeonZhang

LeonZhang

Hi Newman
    thanks for your suggestion, I had asked installer setup a similliar network and it is working well now , I think the third reasson you mentioned might be very possible , I also asked installer to use diagonisitic utility to check the site later.

thanks again for the help

Leon

LeonZhang, Sep 21, 2011
Ask a Question