Touch screen 5000CT connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickysparks, Feb 22, 2017.

1. rickysparks

rickysparks

Hi Guys

Trying to connect to the 5000CT touch panel in this early installation. Its running C-touch firm 2.2.0 and c-bus firmware is 4.4.00.

I have tried connecting via PICD on the RS232 and via the c-bus netowrk. Not having any luck. Connecting via a usb to serial converter and have to laptops. One is running windows 8 and not sure if the serial connection works as its untired on anything but my other laptop I have used for other application the serial to usb so I know this works. Anything i need to be aware of in this part?

And next should I be using PICD or the Deprecated software on the c-bus site

rickysparks, Feb 22, 2017
  2. rickysparks

NickD Moderator

If you're using a USB-serial convertor for this it needs to support the RTS/CTS (not all do) as these signals are used to power the RS232 interface in the touchscreen.

I've not tried it myself on Windows8 so I have no idea if that's part of the problem.

Nick

NickD, Feb 22, 2017
  3. rickysparks

rickysparks

Thanks I will look into this.

Is PICD the right software for this firmware?

rickysparks, Feb 23, 2017
  4. rickysparks

tobex

If you get it to talk to the laptop, it will probably ask you to flash the firmware if needed.

tobex, Feb 25, 2017
Ask a Question