Touch failure in MarkII touch screen

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by 2SC, Mar 2, 2012.

1. 2SC

2SC

A MarkII with logic touch screen after three years of operation suddenly stopped working properly.
    To be more accurate it didn't react in any touch (soft, hard, erotic :p, etc) although scenes driven by TC worked fine (as pc interface worked fine also).
    I did a reset, I re-import the project and the latest firmware, but the problem remained.
    Is there anything else I should try before I send it back in Clipsal for a checkup?

2SC, Mar 2, 2012
  2. 2SC

Darren Senior Member

Given that it is probably out of its warrantee period, you have little to lose by opening it up and wiggling the cables which connect the screen to the main board to see if it is a connection issue.

Darren, Mar 2, 2012
  3. 2SC

2SC

Unfortunately it is not a connection issue..
    Is it possible to get a spare part from clipsal service? The touch screen is a Hitachi model sp12q01l0alza as shown on attached picture.
    I called the local reseller of Hitachi in Greece and I have to order a package of 30 units, however c-bus units do not break down so often... :p

Attached Files:

2SC, Apr 18, 2012
  4. 2SC

Mr Mark

No touchy...

Hello 2SC.

Just a thought - I had a similar problem with an older touch screen some time ago. Can you try connecting to the touch screen via PICED by the 'Transfer' option then 'Connect to Unit'. Under the 'Control Unit' there used to be a 'Calibrate' option. I don't have a screen here to connect to, but you need to be connected for some of these features to be available. If this option is still there you can then calibrate the screen as per normal.

Mark

Mr Mark, Apr 18, 2012
Ask a Question