Toolkit won't connect to a remote repository

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by phcjpp, Feb 6, 2006.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi All,

A little weirdness I run cgate (latest version) on my automation pc. I can connect into from my office pc quite happily as a remote repository. I was trying last night to connect in from my laptop and also from my tablet pc but with no success. Both can connect to local cgate servers. All are running the latest version of the software.

I would add the laptop and tablet are certainly not the fastest pcs nor do they have the most memory (256 for each). The only error I got was "could not connect to cgate" and then toolkit bombed out asking me if I want ot send a report to microsoft. I tried over both wired and wireless from these machines.

Any ideas ? Could not see any log files to look at - any debugging I could turn on ?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
    phcjpp, Feb 6, 2006
  2. phcjpp

Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle, Feb 6, 2006
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Oh Idiot - access control - I wish it would tell me I didn't have access rather than crashing.

C

phcjpp, Feb 6, 2006
Ask a Question