Toolkit v1.1.3 - Intallation Error

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by wizcontrol, Dec 18, 2004.

1. wizcontrol

wizcontrol

Installing the (public release) v1.1.3, failed to start with the following error:

"Exception 'ECGateServerFailedToConnect' in module CBusToolkit1_1.exe at 0012FE38
    Failed to connect to server.

Module: CIS_TCGateCommunicator, Source: CIS_TCGateCommunicator.pas, Line 473"

I am using:
    A brand new HP Pavillion NC6000 (laptop) using Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2.

A couple of things that your software developers may not have taken into account properly:

- Installed in Program Files\Clipsal (rather than \clipsal as per default)
    (your install routine does give the option to change the installation directory but you may have failed to account for this everywhere)

- Machine is set for multiple users. Your install routine does give the option to install as X but run under administrator rights (which is how we have installed) alas as before, if this is not implemented properly then it would result in the kind of error seen above.

Regards

J Amador
    Wiz Control

wizcontrol, Dec 18, 2004
  2. wizcontrol

Duncan

Hi J,

Thanks for your detailed message.

When you start Toolkit do you see a Java Console Window appearing in the background? This is called "C-Gate" a Java Portal/Project Repository that we start. The configuration of the XP SP2 Firewall may be causing this to fail to start.

If it isn't starting, you could start it manually prior to starting Toolkit, you should have a CGate2 Start Menu entry with a "Console Version of CGate" entry.

Duncan, Dec 18, 2004
  3. wizcontrol

znelbok

I have my copt installed in Program files, but I learnt from the early days to always use the 8.3 format when you do this. It usually means that the programmers have not included long file name support, ans if they haven't the program registers the wrong location.

Anyway, mine works and it was installed in progra~1\clipsal

M

znelbok, Dec 19, 2004
Ask a Question