Toolkit scan network problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yecora, Apr 6, 2011.

1. yecora

yecora

Hi!

Sorry in advance for possibly stupid question and bad language :)

It's my first project on CBUS (after a lot of Lutron, AMX, Crestron etc).
    Devices:
    4 12-channel relay L5512RVFP with power module
    2 4-channel dimmer L5504D2UP w/o power module
    rs-232 Gate

about 30 saturn keypads and 6 DLT saturn keypads

Now gate, relay and dimmer modules installed in enclosure, and interconnected with supplied pink cables, keypads not connected yet.

I've tried to connect to system with my laptop, WinXP SP3 and PCMCIA to RS-232 adapter. Toolkit opened the network and first scan was succesful - all units were appeared and adresses were resolved. After that I tried to associate first lighting group to one channel of an relay module and transfer the changes to the network. Toolkit pop-upped error message like "Can't connect to network" and after that I was not able to scan network again anymore. But "Network open" was working and in bottom left corner of the Toolkit window was a text "C-Gate connected". Also window "Network devices" was empty. C-Bus indicators on dimmer and relay modules light solid blue, c-bus indicator on rs-232 interface lights ruby and flashes when PC was tried to scan network.

Questions:

Did I missed some essential things to with first system startting? Setting the system clock or something else?

What about network burden - just read about this, should I buy one of them? (russian distributor don't have them in pricelist, can I buy not a Clipsal produced one?)

OR - shoud I upgrade my old PCMCIA adaptor to USB instead?

Thanks a lot in advance!

yecora, Apr 6, 2011
  2. yecora

2SC

dear yecora,
    your network is too small without keypads.
    You should use a burden. The pc interface unit that you bought should have a external burden in the package.

If you lost it, try to readdress a relay unit to address 01 and activate its burden and clock.

If your network is so unstable that you can't have access to it, please connect to your network, in the most remote places, the DLT units.

2SC, Apr 6, 2011
  3. yecora

yecora

Thanks for such a quick reply, right now I'm unable to check out Gate's package - all stuff are at the site. I will be able to connect 1 chain of keypads immediately and try again. And one more question - I read how to assign clock on module w/o software but how I can activate burden ?

Thanks, Oleg

yecora, Apr 6, 2011
  4. yecora

DarylMc

5. yecora

yecora

Thank you guys! Problem was successfully solved with adding more devices into network. My fault :)

yecora, May 11, 2011
Ask a Question