Toolkit Feature Request: Default Interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Andy@Mandoon, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Andy@Mandoon

Andy@Mandoon

Hi,

I have been using Toolkit with a remote Project Repository (ie. CGate is running on an 'always on' server separate from the Windows toolkit computer) for a long time now. This means every time I start Toolkit it attempts to connect to local machine CGate (which takes time) and then I have to disconnect and then connect to the remote CGate.

Is it possible to add a third option to the "Set Default Interface" option to specify a remote CGate computer address?

It would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy.

Andy@Mandoon, Feb 4, 2008
  2. Andy@Mandoon

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Thanks Andy, we have this feature in our plans.

(Ref: #9110)

daniel, Feb 4, 2008
  3. Andy@Mandoon

Andy@Mandoon

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I knew you guys would be way ahead of me. :D

I might as well push my luck and check whether another small feature is in the pipeline. This time for CGate.

I have some automation software that interfaces to CGate. Part of the software tracks "who" commanded "what". It gathers the "who" information from the CommandId tag on the Event port. So for it's own commands it inserts an identifiable tag and of course every switch has a proper tag, BUT Toolkit uses an incrementing number.

Is it possible to add the words "toolkit" or something to positively identify that Toolkit was responsible for the command? At the moment all my software makes the assumption that no other software on the network uses only digits. Of course, I can't guarantee that will always work on everybody else's network.

Just a 'nicety', but it would make my interface more robust.

Thanks,
    Andy.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2008
    Andy@Mandoon, Feb 6, 2008
Ask a Question