Toolkit enhancement?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ssaunders, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ssaunders

ssaunders

Hi guys.

I have in my network a few 5102 relays, a 5751 PIR, and a 5031TS, which do not have a serial number. As expected, Toolkit reports in the 'Exists on Network' column the message 'Unit Type Only - Serial Mismatch', and more annoyingly, highlights the entire line in red if the line is selected.

For units that a serial number has not been retrieved, this is a really useful feature. But for units that will never have their serial number retrieved, it is somewhat annoying.

As an enhancement, a couple of possibilities exist:
    - Add an option to turn off the red highlighting under program preferences
    - Detect older units that do not store a serial number, and suppress this feature (possibly just displaying 'Unit Type Only').

Just a thought.

[​IMG]

S.

ssaunders, Nov 23, 2010
  2. ssaunders

Ingo

I would say, give the option to manually add the serial, and actually save it, and then change the red highlighting. I tried to enter the serial number and it just goes back to all zero's when I check it again.

Ingo, Nov 23, 2010
  3. ssaunders

Newman

This issue has cropped up from time to time. It doesn't stop you doing anything, it's just annoying, and as such it's never quite "made the cut" to get addressed in a Toolkit release.
    This would be the most painless option.

It's in the system as #0020696.

Newman, Nov 23, 2010
  4. ssaunders

Newman

When you manually enter the serial number for a unit that doesn't support serial numbers it is added to the database only. When you open the database UI for the unit it will show you the manually-entered serial number. When you open the network UI for the unit it will show the serial number as all 0's.

Newman, Nov 23, 2010
  5. ssaunders

Ingo

Ahhh.... I thought I might have missed something. Thanks for the info.

Ingo, Nov 24, 2010
Ask a Question