Toolkit can't load network units

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by CABrouwes, Jan 9, 2012.

1. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

I am having difficulties accessing my system with the Toolkit through Wiser. Everything worked really well until 48 hours ago. The cbus system still works perfectly. There has been no hardware change on the system.

I can open the network but when I try to scan for units, either the unraveling terminates with an error (3051) or the first 10 or so units loads normally then all the others load with error and appear in red.

I have tried with half of my c-bus network offline and then the other half offline to assess if there was a localized problem on the network but it does not make a difference. I have moved the wiser so to another location on the c-bus network to no avail. I have also redone all the wiser connections.

I tested the traffic on the cbus and I have less than 1% errors.

I have had the same issues weeks ago but at that time the system was being installed and the problem disappeared after a few days so I assumed it was related to all the loose wired I had on the bus.

Any idea ?

CABrouwes, Jan 9, 2012
  2. CABrouwes

DarylMc

Check that burden is enabled on unit 001 or that you have your physical burden plugged in.

DarylMc, Jan 9, 2012
  3. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

Thanks. Yes it is enabled on device 00.

Now it is really weird. Today I run the toolkit and everything works !
    Nothing was changed on the system since ... can't explain what's going on !

CABrouwes, Jan 10, 2012
  4. CABrouwes

DarylMc

From the CBus manual

DarylMc, Jan 10, 2012
  5. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

This is interesting. How was I able to enable burden at another address is strange. Now, this being said I am wondering why it would be important since the burden is an analog impededance, electrons don't care what the device ID is !
    Amyway, I will try.

CABrouwes, Jan 11, 2012
  6. CABrouwes

NickD Moderator

The burden can only be enabled in DIN rail output units if the unit is at address 001. This is to try and ensure that only one burden can be active.

Unfortunately it's not a guarantee, as PCI based units (PCI, CNI, Touchscreeens, PAC, DALI gaetway etc etc) have burdens which can be enabled at any unit address.

Nick

NickD, Jan 11, 2012
  7. CABrouwes

DarylMc

Sorry I can't help you with why or even if that is the problem but assuming you are able to connect to the network and make changes give it a go with the burden set on unit 001 as per the manual and see how it goes.

DarylMc, Jan 11, 2012
  8. CABrouwes

DarylMc

Thanks Nick
    So if he has the burden set on a device at unit 000 and it is not an output unit does that mean that there should be no problem?

DarylMc, Jan 11, 2012
  9. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

Darin and Nick,

Thanks for your help, i have been abel to solve the issue. I have disconnected the network and then reconnected it segment by segment. I was able to determine the problem with the wirng of a thermostat that was generating network errors. I guess that since the thermostat was sending erroneous control commands very frequently it interferred with the toolkit communication.

CABrouwes, Jan 15, 2012
Ask a Question