Toolkit Bug: Network setup

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Andy@Mandoon, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Andy@Mandoon

Andy@Mandoon

This may be a bug or my lack of understanding of Toolkit 1.1.3. It is not a showstopper but annoying.

I cannot configure a network socket for the toolkit to communicate via the GUI interface. I am setting "socket" in the dropdown box and entering "192.168.72.180" and "45000". It fails with the error
    "Exception 'ECGateCommand' in module CBusToolkit1_1.exe at 0012CE56
    Could not save project (Validation Error)
    Module: CIS_TCGateCommand, Source: CIS_TCGateCommand.pas, Line 256
    Procedure: TCGateCommand.CommandExecute"

We have a CBus PC Interface connected via RS232 to a Linux box. The RS232 serial interface is software forwarded to a TCP/IP port via "cu" and "xinetd". A little easier than the java method of the "sticky" post in this forum.

I managed to get it working via directly editing the XML tag file and changing the network type to "socket" and the address to "mandy:45000".

Also, GREAT WORK guys! C-Gate2 running on Linux (allowing control AND programming) is brilliant. Now the only time I need Windows is to run the Toolkit (I am sure you will fix that soon??). The final installation not requiring a Windows box for cgate2 is very nice.

Thanks,
    Andy.

Andy@Mandoon, Dec 23, 2004
Ask a Question