Toolkit Application Log Messages

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by harro, Jan 25, 2021.

1. harro

harro

I have two networks separated by a Bridge (5500NB). Both networks use the same app (56). If I press a switch in network 2 to activate, say group 20 which also exists in network 1, I see this entry in the application log for network 2 but not network 1. Is this normal or should I be able see traffic from either side of the bridge in both application logs?

Harro

harro, Jan 25, 2021
  2. harro

Ashley

For the 2 networks to act as one you need to enable 'application connect mode' on both sides of the bridge. If you do that both networks essentially become one and a group address in one network triggers the same group address in the other network. You need to make sure both networks have exactly the same group assignments. The easiest way to do this is to copy them from one network (usually the master) to the other network.

Ashley, Jan 25, 2021
  3. harro

harro

Thanks Ashley but I cannot find where to enable "application connect mode". Please advise.
    Harrlo

harro, Jan 26, 2021
  4. harro

Ashley

Open the bridge in toolkit, select the Connection tab then select 'Send to adjacent network'. You can either select All Applications or just select one or two from the left side drop down lists. If you only care about the lighting application, just select it to limit bridge traffic.

You need to do this on both sides of the bridge if you want traffic to flow both ways.

Ashley, Jan 26, 2021
  5. harro

harro

Hi Ashley I already have set "All Applications" on both sides of the bridge. However I'm not seeing corresponding entries in both network application logs for any group (in case app56) activated in either network 1 or 2. I'm only seeing an entry in the network application log where the activity was initiated.

Harro

harro, Jan 27, 2021
  6. harro

Ashley

The logs may not show traffic forwarded over a bridge. Download and run the Cbus diagnostic utility. It will show you everything. If that doesn't show the traffic you still have a bridge configuration problem.

Ashley, Jan 27, 2021
Ask a Question