Toolkit 1.3 and Action selector 255

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Dave Byron, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

If you use local scenes in a switch and a Trigger Group in the same switch, Toolkit now sets the local scenes to select action selector 255. The problem is this selector is used to trigger a panic scene in a touch unit, so now I have switches with local scenes that every time the button gets pushed the panic scene is activated.
    These switches are Ok until you reload them with 1.3.

dave

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2006
    Dave Byron, Apr 6, 2006
  2. Dave Byron

Duncan

Dave,

As soon as a Trigger Control Group is assigned as the Scene Trigger Group in an Input Unit (Neo, Sat, DLT etc) then the assignment of a Scene to a Key HAS to result in the Trigger Group Action Selector automatically becoming 255.. thats the default "unused" value. The only change we've made in this area in 1.3 is that Level 255 is no longer automatically labelled with a TagName of "<unused>Unused". Is there a reason your Panic Scene is on Action Selector 255 specifically?

Perhaps the one failing of the software is that this isnt apparent until the unit is saved and then recalled.</unused>

Duncan, Apr 6, 2006
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Duncan
    Its very handy to use on such things blinds were I use action selectors 0= stop 127=up and 255=down then in touch scenes use a bell press that goes to the selection values and returns to 0= stop also to use a turn-on turn-off scenes use the zero and 255 values then can use a single gang in the on/off mode to turn on and off scenes. Any many more.

dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Dave Byron

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Dave,

If you can't move your current functionality to say Action Selector 254, then you'll need to ensure that you select an Action Selector for all of your Scene Keys, even if it's a dummy Action Selector.

Thanks for pointing out this little gotcha. We'll tidy this up in a future release.

Daniel

(#8456)

daniel, Apr 6, 2006
  5. Dave Byron

Duncan

Dave,

Yes I knew of that.. I was particularly thinking about Panic.. where you dont have No Panic/Half Panic/All Panic..

Duncan, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Daniel
    Will have, to zero and 255 giving a few troubles maybe should make them non user selectable. I can tell with my system which switchs i will have trouble with so will check each project before reloading any switchs.
    This is a good one everytime you use gang1 or 2 to contol blinds it turns the fan on full speed=255

dave

Attached Files:

Dave Byron, Apr 6, 2006
Ask a Question