Toolkit 1.12.1 - Issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Bex, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Bex

Bex

Hi guys
    Anyone else having issues with the new version of toolkit?
    Specifically when the lighting application tree is expanded, I can't seem to scroll up/down. Most frustrating!!!

Also if trying to do a global programming change (in this instance changing the timeouts for inputs) it keeps ticking all the inputs in the database and doesnt allow me to only select a few. Again most frustrating!

Bex, Jul 25, 2012
  2. Bex

NickD Moderator

I just tried both of these and they work fine.

The global programming for block expiry timers works as I would expect... all units are selected by default but I can deselect individual units.

Are you saying that the deselect doesn't work for you? It's not a key stuck down is it? Just playing around I found if I had the Ctrl or Shift key held down I could not select/deselect with the mouse.

If it's not that, can you give us more details of your system (hardware/OS)?

Nick

NickD, Jul 26, 2012
  3. Bex

constantcharge

I have also been having many issues with new toolkit. Been to busy to post but thought I would add my 2 cents. Here's just a few.

Lost a days programming when toolkit crashed. Happened 3 times in a row, after adding multiple groups and levels (not using lighting application). I have since uninstalled it and NOT installed as a service. this seems to have fixed the losing data but not the crashing :).

Expanded tree I have same issue. Seems that when open networks with tree expanded to application / group level . While networks are scanning throws me up the network tree to the top and am unable to scroll down until it stops scanning.
    Have had this happen many times now, when on a multistory building 15+ base networks. I had to wait till all networks finished scanning before I was able to actually do something. My fix now is open networks, get a coffee and come back in 30 min and you might be able to do something :p. Had similar issue on older toolkit where you get thrown up top of tree when opening networks. But at least I could scroll back down when it did it.

Don't know how many projects you guys testing with but add say 500+ projects and then when it throws you up the top of the list it gets a bit tedious.

Changing application from other than lighting why does unused then become Group 255 ?????

Changing application on sensors to anything other than lighting application prompts caution! Is there a way to disable this!

Also why has copy function changed. used to be able to copy all groups into excel now it copy's as XML format. is there a way to go back??? function to copy to excel

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    constantcharge, Jul 26, 2012
  4. Bex

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Thanks for that feedback, have reported it (#23961)

Group 255 ($FF) is the 'null' group. The software is supposed to always display it as "Unused" but it sounds like it's incorrectly showing as "Group 255". It shouldn't hurt anything but it is inconsistent. Could you tell us more about which dialog is doing this, or perhaps screenshot this for us?

We haven't been able to reproduce this one. There is an option in Toolkit Preferences to enable Legacy Application behaviour, is that useful to you?

If you are still stuck, can you save a Template of your sensor unit and put it up here or send it to tech support? Failing that let us know the unit type and firmware version.

This changed when we implemented the new Copy / Paste functionality. You can use Ctrl-Insert to copy values in the old CSV format.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    daniel, Aug 2, 2012
  5. Bex

Bex

I only get the grief when I have an open network.

No hassles with keys being pressed meaning tick boxes remain selected etc. But when on a site which in this case has 13 networks, thats when I get the problem.

Again same thing with expanded tree - only have hassles when the network is open.

Bex, Aug 14, 2012
  6. Bex

ashleigh Moderator

That one's quite reasonable - using non-lighting applications on sensors *should* generate a caution message, because you need to be careful!

(I'm not in favour of allowing such warnings to be disabled, because then the reason for the caution becomes forgotten with the passing of time, and then silly mistakes can get made.... leading to "but why didn't you warn me!)

ashleigh, Aug 14, 2012
  7. Bex

constantcharge

How about disable prompt after first one or option for disable if wanted per project. if you have 200 sensors on non lighting application the prompt gets annoying. :)

Another question, why under global programming for DLT can you not put a group in indicator brightness ? I swear I could do this before........

constantcharge, Aug 15, 2012
  8. Bex

MJS

Multisensor application selection

Hi all,

In the application selection dropdown of the multisensor, the ability to select 'Trigger Control' is not available. This is a problem with devices on 2.0.0 firmware as they do not have a secondary application dropdown where the 'Trigger Control' application can be selected. On the newer firmware it is not a problem.

Regards
    Michael

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    MJS, Sep 1, 2012
  9. Bex

abg

Ctrl-Insert - old CSV copy format in Toolkit

"This changed when we implemented the new Copy / Paste functionality. You can use Ctrl-Insert to copy values in the old CSV format."

And for those running under VMWare on a mac keyboard!?
    :(

abg, Nov 5, 2012
  10. Bex

daniel C-Busser Moderator

You'd have to check the key bindings for your particular versions of Mac OS, keyboard and VMWare, and/or set up new bindings yourself in Preferences, but the google results I've found suggest the "Help" key is used for "Insert" and the "Command" key is used for "Control", so maybe try "Command"-"Help"?

daniel, Nov 6, 2012
  11. Bex

abg

Thanks Daniel.

No help key on my keyboard but have mapped (under VMWare) Control-Clear (on Num-keypad) on Mac to Control-Insert to simulate.

Bit like using the old Control-C(lear) !

abg, Nov 6, 2012
Ask a Question