toggling scenes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ben addison, May 17, 2005.

1. ben addison

ben addison

Is it possible to toggle through scenes using only one button?

ben addison, May 17, 2005
  2. ben addison

Newman

On which product?

Do you mean to have the Scene that is activated changes with each press of the key?

Newman, May 18, 2005
  3. ben addison

ben addison

The switchs are neo and saturn. Yes i would like to change the scene with each key press.
    I thought i heard of it on my training course :confused:

ben addison, May 18, 2005
  4. ben addison

Don

Neo and saturn can only select a specified scene on the press of a button. A second press of the same button while a scene is active will result in any ramping in the scene being replaced with an instant ramp.

I am interested in your application. It seems to me that it might be interesting to select different scenes by pressing a single button, and I suppose you are hoping to thus save keys for other uses.

If a single key is used to select more than a single scene, obviously the indicator associated with that button is no longer useful to show which scene is currently active. The button (if it was made possible)could cycle through a list of possible scenes, but you would not be able to tell from the unit which scene was active. Perhaps this is not important, as the lights in the room would show you what you had, but then again, if you are using the room lights to tell what scene you were in, it sort of defeats the purpose I would think.

The DLT unit can modify existing scenes with additional keys, so with these units it is possible to apply a "toggle" function to an active scene. This might achieve what you are after. The scene modification is likely to become available in NEO and Saturn products in the near future

Don

Don, May 18, 2005
  5. ben addison

scottmurphy

I did the same sort of thing years ago when I was using cbus a lot more than i do now. We had a minder ( yes that old thing ) and i used the key switch to increment a counter, that then called the appropriate scene based on the no. of key presses. But I more than sure that you don't have a minder box hooked up, so am not sure how you would do it. possibly this new logic engine has the same sort of coding capabilities.
    the reason i did it this way, is that i was limited in inputs available for scene triggering, and as don says, you are unaware of the current scene being processed. But it does aloso cut down the cost of having 8 key inputs for 8 scenes ( if this is why you want to acheive this...cost ) I am sure there are other ways to achieve this, and here i go again, but the coding capabilities of the logic engine may be able to account for almost whatever situation you require.

scottmurphy, May 18, 2005
Ask a Question