Toggling between page 1 and 2 of DLT Input Unit (5085DL Saturn)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by John K, Dec 29, 2019.

1. John K

John K

Hello,

I have a technical query regarding toggling between Pg.1 and Pg.2 of the DLT Key Input Unit (Model 5085DL).
    I have 9 x 5085 DLT Key Input units installed in my C-Bus Network at home.
    Some have functions assigned to more Keys than 1 to 4 on the first page and continue onto the second page. These units will toggle between both pages with no problems.

However, some units have key functions assigned to Keys 1 to 4 on the first page only as those units do not require any functions for the remaining Keys on the second page. Therefore, the Keys on the second page are unused.
    From memory when these DLT Units were originally installed (approx. 15yrs ago) I could toggle between Page 1 and Page 2 even though there were no Key functions assigned to the keys on the second page and the second page would simply display the Button Number or "Unused" as the label.

Recently I have reconfigured the function of the DLT Keys to meet new needs. I did this by firstly resetting each unit I was reconfiguring to the "Factory Settings" within the Toolkit software and then assigned new group functions to each Key as required. Since doing this I have noticed that those DLT units which do not have anything assigned to the keys on the second page now won't toggle from the first to the second page. Although, the units which weren't reconfigured and also don't have any functions assigned to the keys on the second page will still toggle between Page 1 and Page 2.

In summary, some DLT's with Key functions assigned to the first page only will still toggle to the second page whereas the ones which were "Reset" to the Factory settings will no longer toggle between pages unless I assign a Key function to the second page.

Ideally, I would like all the DLT units to toggle between both pages regardless of whether there are key functions assigned to the second page or not.

Any advice or explanation of what has happened and whether I can achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    John K

John K, Dec 29, 2019
  2. John K

Conformist

Hi John

Removing the display of the second page when there is nothing programmed took place some time ago. It has to do more with the way the unit is configured rather than the firmware of the unit. The only way (now) to display the second page when there is nothing configured is to create a dummy group. I can't remember what is displayed on the old method but you can create a group called Unused. If you want to keep as close to the other units you have (how it is displayed), you may need to call it <Unused>. or similar (the period after the trailing 'greater than' sign will be different enough from the true <Unused> name .

Conformist, Dec 30, 2019
Ask a Question