Toggling between 2 scenes with a single key on eDLT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by rhamer, Dec 10, 2015.

1. rhamer

rhamer

Today I encountered my first eDLT programming job.

I was trying to setup toggling between 2 scenes (one turns stuff on, the other turns them off) that are stored in a PAC using a single key.

It can be done on other types of switches by setting the secondary application to Trigger and setting the 2 scenes with the same group address and action selectors 0 and 255. Then using an on/off action on the switch all is well.

However is a similar thing possible on a eDLT? I can't see how it is done.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 10, 2015
  2. rhamer

tsman

Yeah. The eDLT configuration window doesn't let you select Trigger Control as a secondary application so the old method doesn't work anymore.

Scene widget set to cycle and two blank scenes assigned with the appropriate trigger group and 0 + 255 action selectors should be able to do it. You're limited to 8 scenes in the eDLT though so you can only do this 4 times. There may be an easier + cleaner way that I don't know of however.

tsman, Dec 10, 2015
  3. rhamer

jboer

To be honest, because the labeling didn't really work on the original DLTs with trigger control, I never really used TC as the application.

I either just make a group on the lighting app or make a new 'lighting' trigger app and then set the scene to trigger off that. Pretty much works the same, it is a pain because it doesn't fit the convention, but hey....

jboer, Dec 11, 2015
  4. rhamer

rhamer

Thanks guys, I followed your suggestion and it's working fine.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 11, 2015
  5. rhamer

Roosta

I am the same as jboer.. Unless it was a large project and there was a likely hood of using up the 255 addresses available i just put my scene triggers on the lighting application, that way you can trigger a scene from any device, secondary app capable or not..

Roosta, Dec 11, 2015
Ask a Question