Toggle re-configure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jai, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Jai

Jai

Hi,

I like to know is there way to change scenario A toggling pattern to scenario B ?
    If yes, what tools, software, interface do i need ? How do i do it step by step (new to this system) ?

Scenario A: ON (light A ON), toggle same switch (Light B + C ON), toggle same switch (light A + B + C ON)
    Scenario B: ON (light B + C ON), toggle same switch (Light A ON), toggle same switch (light A + B + C ON)

there is one more box i forgotten to take picture.

https://www.clipsal.com/Trade/Produ...gement-System/C-Bus-Input-Units/Wall-Switches

Singapore

Attached Files:

Jai, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Jai

Ashley

You need to reprogram the eDLT switch. To do this you need a Cbus interface. They come in Serial (RS232), USB or network flavours. They are also included in several other controllers (Wiser and Automation controller). Then you can download a copy of the Cbus toolkit and connect to the network. Ideally you required a copy of the network configuration file which may have been left by the installer. If you don't have this it can be recreated but it is a bit of work depending on the size of the system. If yours only consists of the relay and eDLT switch it wold be quite simple.

Come back when you have a network interface and toolkit running and we can continue :)

Ashley, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Jai

Jai

CBUS interface, i believe mine is network flavors ya, attached. meaning i have to remove current pink network cable and connect a network cable to my PC with CBus toolkit installed ? other controllers, do you mean this one i attached ? so is it the current pink network cable is connected to this Wiser and Automation controller ? And one more thing i just want to make sure, re-wiring is not needed ?

Does CBus toolkit works well with Legacy products ?

https://www.schneider-electric.com/.../FAQS/233000/FA233500/en_US/4_CBusToolkit.pdf
    https://updates.clipsal.com/Clipsal...te/cis/technical/downloads/c-bus_toolkit.html

Attached Files:

Jai, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Jai

Ashley

Firstly. DO NOT plug the pink cbus cable into your pc. Although the plugs are physically the same they are completely different systems and you will destroy one or both.
    Neither devices you show are cbus to pc interfaces. You need a 5500pc, 5500CN2, Wiser 1 or 2, or the new SHAC.

Ashley, Aug 7, 2018
  5. Jai

Jai

i see. i need to do more research.

Jai, Aug 7, 2018
  6. Jai

Ashley

The CBus training manuals are on-line. They are a good place to start. Programming cbus devices need not be especially complex, but you do need some basic knowledge of the system before you start or you may end up with a non-functioning system. All the installation and programming software is available for free download, and there is plenty of documentation on-line, and lots of good stuff in these forums.

Ashley, Aug 7, 2018
  7. Jai

Jai

Thanks, seem like i need to re-configure like this video example, using cycle through or toggle ON/OFF.

Now is to purchase a 5500pc, 5500CN2, Wiser 1 or 2, or the new SHAC.

network configuration file, can't this be read back from the current system ?

Jai, Aug 7, 2018
  8. Jai

Ashley

You will need to use the scene cycle option for your application.

Yes, but you won't get the tag names, they only exist in the config file. After scanning the network you will have names like 'Group x' where x is the ga number. You will have to figure out what each ga does then enter an appropriate tag name. Do this by turning each load on and off one at a time and looking in toolkit at which ga changed.

5500pc and 5500CN2 interfaces appear on ebay quite regularly. A Wiser or SHAC will also allow you to control you system remotely via a smart phone, plus implement schedules and much more complex functions.

Ashley, Aug 7, 2018
  9. Jai

Jai

Jai, Aug 7, 2018
  10. Jai

Ashley

I don't recognise it. It isn't any Cbus product I know off. Are you sure it's connected to Cbus (via the pink cable?) I can't see a Cbus connection anywhere. It looks like some kind of telephone interface.

Ashley, Aug 7, 2018
  11. Jai

Damaxx

Damaxx, Aug 10, 2018
  12. Jai

Jai

Hi Ashley and Damaxx,

really appreciate for the unselfish know-how sharing.
    Now i have better idea of my new house system.

Jai, Aug 30, 2018
Ask a Question