Timer function with dimming control and PIR retrigger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmondschan, Nov 30, 2022.

1. edmondschan

edmondschan

Hi all! Does anyone know if it is possible to have a timer function on a light switch that also has dimming control? I want to set up a light dimmer switch with a timer function so that if the light is left on for a set amount of time it will turn off. But I want to keep the dimming function. I also want to connect a 5753L to retrigger the timer. I've been scratching my head over this for ages. Any help would be appreciated.

edmondschan, Nov 30, 2022
  2. edmondschan

Graham Lamb

Hi
    I don't think you can make a button to do dimming as well as a timer If you have a PAC/touchscreen or wiser
    in the logic engin set up a (it condition stays true) statement and that will work or if you add a PIR you can change the On comand to idle this will stop the PIR from turning light On but will keep the light On while there is movement in the room after it is turned on via switch and then Off after no movement has been detected plus whatever time you have programed into PIR.

Graham Lamb, Dec 2, 2022
    edmondschan likes this.
  3. edmondschan

Wonkey

Yes it can be done program the Key input as follows. Leave the PIR as normal
    Open up the Key Functions tab and configure as Key 1 below.

upload_2022-12-2_14-41-15.png

Then on the blocks tab enter your timer period.

upload_2022-12-2_14-47-57.png

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    Wonkey, Dec 2, 2022
    edmondschan and Graham Lamb like this.
  4. edmondschan

edmondschan

Thx Graham and Wonkey. You guys made me think out of the box. All sorted, Cheers, Ed

edmondschan, Dec 3, 2022
Ask a Question