timed scene

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by dogger, Nov 18, 2007.

1. dogger

dogger

I would like to initiate a scene turning 2 x groups on from my dlt and then have that turn off lets say after 1 minute, is this possible. I can run the scene ok but have not been able to get it to time out?:confused:

dogger, Nov 18, 2007
  2. dogger

Mark

Timers

Hi Dogger,

Your best option may be to not use a scene at all. Try configuring a button as a Timer, then use the Blocks tab of the Toolkit UI to assign the two groups to the button. I think this will do what you want.

If for some reason you still want to use a scene you would have to use two buttons. The first would set the scene. The second would be set up as a Scene Modify button (in the Function drop box) then as a Timer. It needs the two buttons as Scene Modify functions in DLTs always apply to the last set scene.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Nov 18, 2007
  3. dogger

dogger

Thanks for the reply, i actually did what you reccomended before i tried doing it with a scene. It worked fine -but if i use the block method I can use only 7 out of 8 keys on the dlt, does that sound right.

dogger, Nov 18, 2007
  4. dogger

Mark

Yeah, this is a bit of a limitation...
    If you use 2 blocks for one button then you only have 6 blocks left for the other seven buttons. To use all 8 keys you would need to have 2 keys controlling one of the other blocks.

Mark.

Mark, Nov 18, 2007
  5. dogger

wanricky

In short, there is no simple scene timer function in any single switch. If you have other units such as touch screen, PAC controller or spare switches located inside control panel as scene store, you may try to use triggering method.

There maybe other methods such as logic in Relay/dimmer but it depends on what is required in other switches. You probably need to tell in detail how the channels are controlled in other locations.

As far as "7 out of 8 keys" issue, it is not about right or wrong. There is a limitation on how many things can be controlled, and we try to get around it by using some scene keys, master keys, etc and use all keys to perform most functions. Long time ago I asked the same question and their reply was the switch is an "8" gang switch, which are used for 8 channels. Anything more is good but not always possible.

So, your spare key may be another master key, or a non-timer key for those 2channels, or you simply have a timer key for each channel.....etc

wanricky, Nov 19, 2007
  6. dogger

dogger

I ended up setting up a scene on my b/w touch screen and triggering it from the dlt, i set the scene on pulse for 1 miniute and it works great, thanks for all your help - now onto setting a button on a dlt which hopefully toggle a scene on/off. cheers :)

dogger, Nov 20, 2007
  7. dogger

Lucky555

dogger,

You should have mentioned you had a c-touch at the outset. Poor old Wanricky could have given you a thousand more options :rolleyes:

Lucky555, Nov 20, 2007
  8. dogger

wanricky

If there are 10 solutions, C-Bus would be very powerful ;) So there is only one way I know (I am too lazy to think about second solutions anyway), which is remote triggering. There are a few useful threads when you search "trigger scenes"..etc.

SUch as this: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439

To simply the idea, create two scenes in C-Touch, On scene and Off scene. Give a Trigger address and action selectors (easiest is 255 and 0) to them. On Dlt, use timer function to turn ON the trigger address (i.e. action 255) for one min and turn OFF (i.e. action 0). So On scene should be triggered at the beginning and OFF scene should be triggered after one minute.

Since the scene is on C-Touch, you may use Trigger Application or Lighting Application for the trigger address. (Depends on if you are comfortable with using second applications, using Trigger Application would be more logical, but I normally use Lighting Application to avoid funny problems in my old hardware)

wanricky, Nov 21, 2007
  9. dogger

Lucky555

Wellllll a thousand more options might have been getting a little carried away, I might have caoght the stretch the truth virus many of the politicians seem to have at the moment.

The C-Touch certainly gives you more options than straight c-bus devices (key inputs etc) and those options are a bit more elegant. Don't forget you can pulse a GA within a scene in the C-Touch.

Throw in a PAC, , , then the world is your oyster. Maybe ask Santa for a PAC for Christmas ?

Lucky555, Nov 21, 2007
Ask a Question