Time estimation for programming - commissioning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2SC, Dec 3, 2010.

1. 2SC

2SC

I will have the opportunity to participate in a tender that has a large Dali system.
    Since i haven't any experience in DALI networks is it too dangerous to bid?
    Can someone, experienced in DALI systems, estimate how much time I will need for programming @ commissioning of this system?
    My opinion is that I will need about 90 days (1 day per Dali gateway - 5 days for setting switches (they control local circuits - there is no need for scenes), and the rest for setting up schedule plus and testing the system

UNITS in this project
    NEO 2-gang switches --> 350 pcs
    Light lever sensors --> 170 pcs
    Dali Gateway --> 54 pcs
    DMX Gateway --> 2 pcs
    Schedule plus for centralized control

Since Ι need more than 12.000mA of power supply, I can't have 6 networks something that it would be very handy due to the topology of this project. So I will use 12 networks (or 10 if I can find a smart way to divide units in 10 networks in order to buy Schedule plus for 10 networks instead of the unlimited one.

2SC, Dec 3, 2010
  2. 2SC

rakesh_k_v

Hi 2Sc,

I think u missed estimating the time required for DALI programming, as DALI devices requires separate programming.

Regards,
    Rakesh.

rakesh_k_v, Dec 14, 2010
  3. 2SC

samluo

well if you want to program everything of DALI devices in 54 dali lines you will need much of time. I will suggest our customer to address the DALI devices( devices in a dali line should be set with different address from 0-63) and installed, the other setting such as group, scenes, names, etc. teach to endusers and let they do themselves.

samluo, Jan 30, 2011
Ask a Question