Time Clock sync

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by kevin, Apr 5, 2006.

1. kevin

kevin

I have a Colour C-Touch that gets reset (power cycled) once in awhile. I must admit this is not normal operation. However...

When it does, it sense out a 1st Jan 2004 date out to the entire network, and stuffs up my schedules. This tells me the battery on board the CTC is flat. Is there anyway I can set a Time Clock Master, or even disable the CTC from sending out the time info?

kevin, Apr 5, 2006
  2. kevin

Darren Senior Member

The best solution is to replace the battery.

If you are using PICED V3.3 or later, you can open the Project Details form, go to the C-Bus Options tab and de-select "Enable Time Synchronisation".

Darren, Apr 5, 2006
  3. kevin

kevin

enable time sync

If i deselect this in the Project Details page, does this only stop it from sending Time info, or receiving the time from another unit as well?

kevin, Apr 5, 2006
  4. kevin

Darren Senior Member

I am sorry, but the information in my previous post was wrong. The "Enable Time Synchronisation" option only applies to PICED itself (in simulation mode) but does not apply to Colour C-Touch. The help file does say this :)

So, unfortunately, you are back to square one. You will need to get the battery replaced. I am actually quite surprised that the battery could have gone flat by now. I wonder if there could be another cause.

Darren, Apr 6, 2006
  5. kevin

Extrex

I have had a similar problem , but in my case it was a Black and white touch screen. The funny thing was because the B/W touch screen lost its time , it also modified the time of the colour touch screen on the same network.
    Dont think its the battery because the B/W touch screen has only been manufactured in Dec 2005 and has been in use for less than a year. I have had B/W touch screens running for much much longer without any hassles, unless the quality has declined over the years:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Extrex, Feb 2, 2007
  6. kevin

Memphix

I once had an issue with the time on the network. I was trying to change the time in order to test the system.

After calling tech. support I was informed that the DLTs held the time and over rides the touchscreen. The touch screen would update its time to what the DLT was set at.

Hope it helps.

Memphix, Feb 19, 2007
  7. kevin

ashleigh Moderator

sounds very odd to me. If a DLT does that, its a defect! It certainly should not be doing this, and there have never been any other reports.

ashleigh, Feb 19, 2007
  8. kevin

Dave Byron

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2007
    Dave Byron, Feb 19, 2007
  9. kevin

Mark

DLT Clock

Hi,

The DLT will broadcast the time to the network once, if and only if you set the time on the unit using a 10 second press on the 5th button.
    It will not be a time master unit (ie. re-broadcast the time every 24 hours) as it is not as accurate as a C-Touch.

Wrt DLT's broadcasting the time other than after entering time set mode on the unit, please post a log file if you can reproduce it.

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Feb 19, 2007
  10. kevin

ashleigh Moderator

ashleigh, Feb 20, 2007
  11. kevin

ashleigh Moderator

On ANY cbus unit that supports date and time, if you use that unit to CHANGE the date or time, then all other units will become updated.

This is normal, expected, and fair enough.

Some units are capable of acting as date/time masters, in that case they regularly transmit date and time updates. This allows devices with inaccurate clocks or timekeeping to acquire the accuracy of whatever device is acting as the date / time master.

however, even when a date and time master is being used, the time and date can still be changed from any unit, and the master device should react accordingly by changing any internal offsets that it might have to apply.

If you think this last point seems a bit odd - remember - there is a PERSON involved, and if they decide that what we all call 10:20 am is to be called 10:25 am (perhaps because they are habitually late) then that is up to them. Similar arguments apply for adding / removing other time offsets such as daylight saving, or just a desire to run your house on Sydney time when living in New York. Whatever!

ashleigh, Feb 20, 2007
  12. kevin

Memphix

Hmm interesting Ashleigh.

I had a DLT, PAC and monochrome TS on the network. Trying to change the time through the PAC unit did not work... although this was some time ago I don't want to say too much about what was happening...

If I change the time on either the PAC or monochrome touch screen, should both of these update the network time?

Memphix, Mar 8, 2007
  13. kevin

Darren Senior Member

If you change time on the C-Touch by using the time setting page, it will broadcast the time onto C-Bus.

If you change the time on a PAC or C-Touch from a PC, it does not broadcast the time onto C-Bus. This will be fixed in the next release of the firmware.

Darren, Mar 9, 2007
  14. kevin

Memphix

Excellent. Thanks Darren, exactly what I was after.

Memphix, Mar 9, 2007
Ask a Question