Time based group control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jasonson, Jul 9, 2016.

1. jasonson

jasonson

Is there a way to do without logic?

I have a hallway with downlights and some small low powered step lights at 400 AFL on separate groups (001:hallway, 002:night lights)

Each end of the hallway i have a 1 key input.

What i want to achieve is during the day/evening the switch will act as normal toggle dimmer input for the hallway downlights group.

However, after say 10pm and before 5am, I would like the short release to operate a different group, the hallway night lights group, on a timer for about 10 minutes, and a long press to bring the hallway downlights group on.

Basically so kids / guests can use the toilet or bathroom at night without bright lights.

Thanks in advance.

jasonson, Jul 9, 2016
  2. jasonson

Ashley

What cbus device do you have that knows about the time? What are the downlights and step lights connected to? What type is the key input?

Using the blocks tab on the switch you can connect 2 groups to a single button. Then use a schedule to enables/disable each output unit at the appropriate time.

Ashley, Jul 10, 2016
  3. jasonson

jasonson

I have a 5080CTL2 and possibly getting a wiser 2.

Downlights are connected a channel on one of the dimmers (L5508D1A)
    Step Lights are connected to channel on one of the relays (L5512RVF)
    Key inputs are R5081NL Zen Cbus switches

This is exactly what I thought about today. Thank you for confirming my thought.

EDIT:

This solution doesn't address that while in the restricted night hours, i would still like to be able to toggle on/off the downlights with a long press of the button.
    Looks like logic is this only way of doing this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
    jasonson, Jul 10, 2016
Ask a Question