Time based group control!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeorgeMendes, Oct 17, 2019.

1. GeorgeMendes

GeorgeMendes

s there a way to do without logic?
    I have a hallway with downlights and some small low powered step lights at 400 AFL on separate groups (001:hallway, 002:night lights)

Each end of the hallway i have a 1 key input.

What i want to achieve is during the day/evening the switch will act as normal toggle dimmer input for the hallway downlights group.

However, after say 10pm and before 5am, I would like the short release to operate a different group, the hallway night lights group, on a timer for about 10 minutes, and a long press to bring the hallway downlights group on.

Basically so kids / guests can use the toilet or bathroom at night without bright lights.

Thanks in advance.

GeorgeMendes, Oct 17, 2019
  2. GeorgeMendes

Ashley

You are asking to dynamically change the function of a switch. This is not possible.
    Also, switches have no concept of time to change the function even if it were possible.

You will need to rethink this.

Aside from that, changing how a switch works would not be a good idea from a users perspective. Just use 2 switches.

Ashley, Oct 17, 2019
  3. GeorgeMendes

GeorgeMendes

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

GeorgeMendes, Oct 18, 2019
Ask a Question