TICA 2.0.3 Ability to update TIC file via dial in

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by shanef, Jul 18, 2005.

1. shanef

shanef

Is there a way to update the .TIC file from a remote access dial in?

shanef, Jul 18, 2005
  2. shanef

ashleigh Moderator

Do you mean... Can I dial in and update the configuration stored in the CBTI?

If thats what you mean... the answer is that it has been designed for it, and...

I'm not sure... I cannot remember...

I THINK you can dial in with a data connection, and the capability is there. BUT, we don't have support in the TICA program to do it, yet.

ashleigh, Jul 18, 2005
  3. shanef

ashleigh Moderator

I've just checked.

The ability to dial in and update the configuration is logged, and has been deferred. It's actually quite difficult to do....

ashleigh, Jul 18, 2005
  4. shanef

shanef

Thanks Ashleigh, I did want to update the configuration file via dial in. Looks like another trip to site for a minor update.

shanef, Jul 18, 2005
  5. shanef

Richo

The reason we have been hesitant to actually expose this feature is that the unit is rendered inoperable during the update. So if the line drops out or other complications occur the unit will stop working and need a site visit to fix. The exact state the unit is left in is not predictable and may leave other side effects on the network until the onsite visit fixes it. All a bit risky.

Richo, Jul 20, 2005
Ask a Question