Those Stickers on Cbus products

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by JohnC, Oct 13, 2005.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi all,

There's been other threads about scanning the "peel-off" stickers from the cartons, but I can't recall discussion about the stickers that are applied by the factory onto the units themselves...

I am sitting here peeling off the stickers from beside the RJ45's on a huge pile of 5504RVF20's, and re-sticking them where they can BE SEEN after they are installed... on the blue part of the body. It's the sticker that says :
    Code:
    L5504RVF20P        [||||||||||||||||]
    Mfg: 25 Jul 2005      001001511615

My question is : WHY can't the stickers be applied to a position where they are visible once the unit is installed ?

Same for switches, touchscreen, etc - why not apply the stickers on the FRONT (behind the snap-on plate of course) rather than on the backside where it's impossible to access them without removing the unit from the wall ?

It's all very well having the ability to scan the network to get the bar codes, etc... but that still doesn't tell you where the unit is "physically"
    - furthermore, you cannot read the stickers on DinRail units even if you do open the switchboard, since they are on a "side" rather than a "forward-facing" surface of the unit.

Why the winge ? Because we installers have to label every single unit AGAIN, where there really isn't any need for it - I have about 150 units to program in the next week :eek:
    - How does everyone else handle this ?

Cheers, John

JohnC, Oct 13, 2005
  2. JohnC

JasonCox

I agree,the placement of serial numbers are in the wrong spot after installation. There is no way of knowing what the unit number is or anything on visual inspecion. There are ways to find out using toolkit, but this takes time. A sticker with the serial number and space for the unit address under the cover plate would be great.

I make a list of all deivices and put the serial sticker on this list for reference at any stage if needed.

JasonCox, Oct 28, 2005
Ask a Question