Third party touch screens.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pbelectrical, Oct 11, 2004.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

I have heard that it is possible to install third party ( i.e. larger) touch screens and still retain the same functions as the standard Clipsal product. Has anyone done this and how succesful was it ( or is it even possible).

The type of setup I am seeking is to use say a 15" screen that when not displaying the C-Touch screens it can display TV or CCTV channels.

Regards, Peter Brown.

pbelectrical, Oct 11, 2004
  2. pbelectrical

allgo

My understanding is that third party touch screens can be installed, their primary purpose would be for av control etc, to activate c-bus commands a pc node is required.

allgo, Oct 11, 2004
  3. pbelectrical

rhamer

I have done this.

However at this stage it is technically functional, but the user interface is a bit ugly. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I want all the information and functions presented.

It basically consists of a 15" LCD touch screen connected to a PC running C-Gate and custom software for the user interface.

The LCD is also capable of displaying video directly without the need for the PC and can do stuff like picture in picture with the video and PC images.

The LCD I am using also has direct IR control to allow the changing of all the LCD's options eg input source, volume etc.

There are also commercial versions on the market that follow the same concept, look a bit prettier but cost heaps more :)

Regards

Rohan

rhamer, Oct 11, 2004
  4. pbelectrical

Darren Senior Member

The easiest way to do this is to get a touch panel PC or add an LCD monitor with touch overlay to a PC and run HomeGate on it.

Darren, Oct 12, 2004
  5. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Thanks

Thanks Darren, kind of obvious once you pointed it out. Maybe I should exercise the grey matter a bit more and the typing fingers a bit less.

pbelectrical, Oct 14, 2004
  6. pbelectrical

geeland

have a look at a panel pc by a company named advantech which also incorperates intercom control.

regards.

geeland, Oct 19, 2004
Ask a Question