Third Party Barcode Reader Config

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dunco, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Dunco

Dunco

I had previously found a Barcode Scanner (Datalogic - Heron) in the storage shelves and thought I would keep it handy for the next project. I have only now found out that the unit is not talking to toolkit. I have loaded the drivers and checked that the barcode reads on the third party software, but no joy in toolkit. I have talked to CIS help and also tried the config settings in the reader, and still no joy. I understand that is not a Clipsal brand, but could someone please let me know if I'm able to change any config settings to get this thing working. I can't find the comms specs for the clipsal branded unit anywhere.

Thanks, JD

Dunco, Apr 13, 2010
  2. Dunco

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Dunco,

While the Clipsal brand barcode scanner is fully supported, we have successfully used other scanner brands with Toolkit including the Datalogic Gryphon. Please check:

1. You are scanning the right code on the box. When adding new units, use the longer "Software Config" barcode.
    2. You are pressing F10 where required in the Toolkit dialog before you scan the code.
    3. The scanner is operating in the simplest possible "keyboard" mode, ie. it simply inputs into any currently focused application on the PC the numbers in the barcode as though they were typed by a keyboard.
    4. The scanner is not appending any extra characters to the beginning or end of the barcode.
    5. The scanner is not removing spaces or other characters from the barcode.

If you are still having difficulties please open Notepad and scan a barcode into that, then let us know the resulting text.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
    daniel, Apr 13, 2010
  3. Dunco

Dunco

Daniel your a legend,

Two things I was doing wrong. #1, I tried the config settings for USB-COM & USB-SERIAL, Not USB-KBD. #2, I was scaning the peel off serial, not the software config code.

Thanks again, Dunco

Dunco, Apr 17, 2010
Ask a Question