Thermostat Zones to enable Sensor Groups?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by alexdski, Feb 15, 2012.

1. alexdski

alexdski

Hi there

I have a scenario with 3 temperature sensors 5031TS that control 4 actuators (dampers) via a relay unti, but no touch screens or other method of easily controlling the heating for each zone.

I have a 4 zone thermostat (5070THPSS) that I thought I'd easily be able to use to control 4 zones but now know the error of my ways as the Temp sensors don't send a temperature.

What I want to do is use the Thermostat and sensors to control three actuators (enable/disable from the thermostat them temp control from the sensor), but i also want to use the thermostats own temprature to control the fourth actuator.

I havent really started yet as I can see the thermostat combined with the rest of the bus is hugely versatile and I imagine there are several ways to do it, I also have a Pascal Automation controller at my disposal.

I thought I could use the thermostat to enable groups than logic in the PACA uses to enable the temperature sensors, maybe having to set the temp of the three external zone to say 5 degrees C to ensure they will come on even if the temp is warmer in the thermostat zone?

Have i confused enough? Befoe I plough in does anyone have any thoughts, is this even possible? :confused:

alexdski, Feb 15, 2012
  2. alexdski

Darren Senior Member

The temperature sensors and the thermostat can all broadcast a temperature measurement.

Darren, Feb 16, 2012
  3. alexdski

alexdski

awesome, they are 5031TS - I thought they just controlled a group's state, eg ON or OFF.

I have the sensors controlling the dampers just by setting the group in the sensors toolkit gui.

I can't find documentation to confirm what you're saying, could I use the 5031TS as remote zone thermostats using the thermostat (5070THPSS) to set these zones temp?

Has anyone set up a similar scenario as the thermostat is a scary beast? It's so versatile I don't want to start fiddling only to have to reset it 20 times over two days to get it right.

EDIT: Apologies, I am repeating another post, I have moved over to Using temp sensor instead of thermostat

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
    alexdski, Feb 16, 2012
  4. alexdski

Darren Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. The 5031TS does only control a group's state. The 5031RDTSL supports broadcasting temperature on the HVAC Application or Measurement Application.

Darren, Feb 21, 2012
  5. alexdski

alexdski

alexdski, Feb 21, 2012
Ask a Question