Thermostat cooling icon flashes, why ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by CABrouwes, Jul 9, 2012.

1. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

The cooling icon on my thermostat flashs permanently and the HVAC system is not working. I checked the cycling parameters and they are the default ones (2', 5', 15').

Any idea what is going on ?

CABrouwes, Jul 9, 2012
  2. CABrouwes

DonB

Call the US Tech Support Team

Tech Support in LaVergne TN US. 1-888-squared or 615-287-3400. This would the best way to get this attended to.

DonB, Jul 11, 2012
  3. CABrouwes

ashleigh Moderator

From what I remember, the cooling icon flashes when it is making a cooling demand - ie, it has turned the cooling system ON.

Sounds like it is trying to turn the cooling on, but there is no response... next step... dig into why that might be.

ashleigh, Jul 11, 2012
  4. CABrouwes

Ashley

The first question that needs to be answered is 'Has it been working previously and now doesn't, or is it a new installation that has never worked?'. The flashing cooling Icon mean the plant controller has set the group address for Cool Activation, but if that group address isn't programmed into an output unit (or on-board relay), or the relay isn't wired up correctly to the HVAC system nothing will work.
    If it's been working previously, one thing to check is the thermostat face is mounted properly to the base. If the clips aren't completely secured the pins connecting the relays to the base unit don't connect properly. I know this after spending an hour or so chasing down why the fan was running but there was no heat. A broken clip on a thermostat allowed the front to come forward only a couple of millimetres, but that was enough to break the connection to the heat activation relay.

Ashley, Jul 12, 2012
Ask a Question