THANKS for the L5108RELVP

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by greig, Jan 21, 2010.

1. greig

greig

Hi,

I'm not a regular around these here parts, for which I must apologise.

I only recently found out about the L5108RELVP and I raced out and ordered one straight away from the FANTASTIC guys (and Trish!) at LEW in Sydney. (Bonus points: even in stock at Clipsal!!)

This little unit gives me a few things I've been after for a while:

A c/o relay set - every so often a normally closed contact is necessary and I don't want to have a relay pulled in all the time. (Yes, some relay units magnetically latch - but at well over $100/channel it's too darned dear).
    It's SELV ("mains-free") - so I can hook it up to my SMS alarm interface and hard-wired MHI aircon remote interface without concern for proximity of mains connections
    It's CHEAP - wow! I think I paid about $35/channel for this thing. Bring on some more of these economical devices!!

So, a big thank you from me to all at Clipsal/CIS.

Greig.

greig, Jan 21, 2010
  2. greig

Newman

Thanks for the positive feedback. Great to hear that it's been well received.

A product a long time coming but worth the wait, I think you'll agree.

Newman, Jan 21, 2010
  3. greig

NickD Moderator

I've just put one in along with my ducted AC to do the damper control.

7 channels for the 7 zones and one spare for the on/off dry contact input to control the unit... perfect.

I've got another one to do the irrigation, and I might yet get another to do some LED garden lighting.... too many projects..

Nick

NickD, Jan 22, 2010
  4. greig

BigBoyVn

SMS interface

Dear Greig,

Would you please share me more information about the SMS alarm interface. What products did you use and how much will it cost in general?

Thanks!

BigBoyVn, Mar 7, 2010
  5. greig

greig

C-Bus behind the 'telemetry' for a well-connected home.

Hi BB,

It's a little off-topic, but we have an old Sec Eng Systems "SED-61" here: it's essentially a small alarm in itself, with 4 sectors/zones hard-wired to the existing alarm and other items we want to monitor. (e.g. Aux switches on the main ELCB's to alert if a breaker trips).

It'll also send an SMS on mains fail/restore as well - although that's limited to the phase it's powered by of course. (I'd like to know when ANY of the phases here drop and am still looking for an economical solution to that problem).

I use some logic in the PACA to read the (main) alarm's status & send an SMS via the SED when a "guest" code has been used to enter the premises, and that's where the L5108RELVP comes in.

This installation is 7+ years old, so I'm sure there are superior SMS solutions out there today, but I provide the above as just a tiny example of what you can do with some Bus Couplers / AUX input modules, a L5108RELVP and some PACA logic.

greig, Mar 9, 2010
  6. greig

Phil Summers

Availability in UK

Suppliers in the UK (where I am!) are all denying knowledge of this.

Does anyone know where or when I can get one?

Better still can anyone (particularly you down-under types) send me one. I contacted a few suppilers in Australia but they don't ship to UK.

Help gratefully received

Phil

Phil Summers, Mar 27, 2010
  7. greig

Conformist

Hi Phil

I'll PM you about this. I'm not aware of any reason why you shouldn't be able to purchase there.

Conformist, Mar 27, 2010
Ask a Question