Text or email

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mobsta, Nov 4, 2013.

1. mobsta

mobsta

Hi There,

I am still quite new to CBUS and dont know all the products inside and out so I need a little help to find out what i require for the following:-

The client wishes to monitor a low level float in a water tank and receive an email and/or text message when that float activates so he can order more water.

Any suggestions or thoughts on what would be required here would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

mobsta, Nov 4, 2013
  2. mobsta

Charlie Crackle

I have a similar system setup with a high level switch in tank that tells me when tank full.

I have a Translink (www.hamfield.com.au) it has an option to send an email on a group address change.

Charlie Crackle, Nov 4, 2013
  3. mobsta

mobsta

Thanks so much Charlie. I'll make contact with them today, but its cup day so I'll have to wait a day or so for a reply. Will let you know how i get on.

mobsta, Nov 4, 2013
  4. mobsta

Adam 6

Translink

translink

Adam 6, Nov 5, 2013
  5. mobsta

ashleigh Moderator

If using a float switch - just be sure to order the right type.

If its drinking water, then make sure the switch is inert and totally electrically isolated. If the material its made from is nylon that could be bad as nylon absorbs water over time and can grow a little, which in turn can lead to binding up. You'd hope such silly things have been considered - but it does no harm to check.

ashleigh, Nov 7, 2013
Ask a Question