Test Command Not Working

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Sam, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

I have been testing out Version 2.0.6 and the test command does not seam to transmit out any IR even when the led blinks.

When you download the command to the NIRT and trigger it via C BUS the Ir comand then works ?.

Has any one else had this problem ?.

( Ir Command was DENON that I learned in. )

Sam

Sam, Jun 6, 2006
  2. Sam

Newman

Denon IR is a royal PITA to process properly. Some of it is fine, some of it just doesn't work. I can assure you that IR is actually being transmitted, it's just not being transmitted in exactly the right format for the Denon gear to respond to.

I suggest you contact CIS Training & Technical Support. They may be able to help you out.

Newman, Jun 6, 2006
  3. Sam

Richo

Can you send a copy of the CID file to [email protected] and I will have look as to why the programmed unit works, but the test button doesn't.

Richo, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Sam

Sam

I am sure that there was no IR transmitted as I was looking at it on a "CRO".

Denon codes may be a PITA but since this kind of equipment is what is in the houses that Have C BUS and want the IR control we must make it work somehow. You do not see much Awia AV gear in a fully automated house !.

Sam.

Sam, Jun 6, 2006
  5. Sam

Newman

IR Emitters are driven by current, not voltage. If all you did was hook the CRO up to the output from the 5034NIRT then I'm not suprised that it appeared that there was no output.

If you really want to check if there's anything being transmitted at all then fit a small LED to a 3.5mm Jack and plug that into the unit. It should flash/flicker when the unit is transmitting IR, provided you've soldered it to the jack the correct way around ;). Alternatively, wire a 10 ohm resistor in series with your IR emitter and measure the voltage across the resistor then calculate the current. Remember that when you connect your CRO lead to the jack body you are earthing the entire C-Bus system!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
    Newman, Jun 6, 2006
  6. Sam

Richo

Just to clarrify ... you say that when you download the code as part of a project and trigger from C-Bus it all works correctly. Is that right?

Richo, Jun 6, 2006
  7. Sam

Sam

Test Command Does Nothing

Yes that is correct. The test comand had no IR output and the NIRT once programed and triggered by a CBUS command had the correct IR output.

Also just to Clarify how I determin that there was NO IR OUTPUT I am capturing the IR codes and displaying the actuall wavforms on my Pocket PC using its IR reciver to pick up the IR transmitions from the NIRT Emmiter.

So NO IR means No IR any thing like what the actuall comand as picked up from the Real remote control for the equipment.

:confused:

Sam.

Sam, Jun 7, 2006
  8. Sam

Richo

Have you sent the CID project as requested above? This would help a lot in solving the problem.

Richo, Jun 8, 2006
Ask a Question