Temperature sensor available ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by theboyg, Feb 3, 2006.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I'm after a temperature sensor - a CBUS one - that will also report this variable value back to Comfort via the CBUSUCM - so I can use Comfort to control the CH system.

Is there such a product available ?

Thanks

G.

theboyg, Feb 3, 2006
  2. theboyg

RossW

I too, would be interested in hearing of this. I don't wan't just an ambient room-temperature one, I need something I can hang actual probes off - to measure (for example) the temperature of the hot water storage for the hydronics heating. (And ultimately, some way to act on that - like running heating pumps if the room temperature is too low, but ONLY doing so if the water is hot enough).

Ideally, an absolute minimum of 4 inputs would be required. Thermister is probably easier than thermocouple. I'd want something to work over the range of 0 to 100 deg C.

RossW, Feb 3, 2006
  3. theboyg

darrenblake

Temperature sensors

If you require multiple temperature inputs, why not try a general input module, and source some 4-20mA temp probes from your nearest electronics supplier??
    These are available in a multitude of different temp and style arrangements.

darrenblake, Feb 4, 2006
  4. theboyg

RossW

Yes, there are indeed lots of styles available, however ultimately I expect to have at least 56 sensors for water, hydronics, GSPH and a further 16+ for monitoring ambient temperature in rooms.

I haven't found any half-decent 4-20mA probes for under about $200, whereas Ktype thermocouples run under $10, and RTDs even less. When we're talking about 70+ sensors, at even $150 each difference, there's $10K.

(And before you ask, no, I don't expect to have all these on c-bus inputs, it would be prohibitive, so I'll have my own interface, but I'd like to keep inventory to a minimum and standardise on one probe type)

RossW, Feb 5, 2006
Ask a Question