Temperature control @ 5500SHAC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by 2SC, May 8, 2021.

1. 2SC

2SC

After a break of couple of years, I started to offer again maintenance services to old c-bus installations - Cbus is not supported in Greece.
    In a quite large residential installation, they require a mobile app to control C-BUS. Therefore, I intend to install a 5500SHAC in order to offer control via mobile to the electricians that maintain the house.
    The property right now has AMX touch screens in every room controlling the underfloor heating and 64 indoor VRF unit Toshiba make.
    Since the C-bus thermostat is discontinued, which is the best way to control heating in ever room? I was thinking for an ipad in a wall case and a 5104DTSI behind with a 5100DTSP.

2SC, May 8, 2021
  2. 2SC

Ashley

Sneider recommends their SE8000 series thermostats to replace the CBUS ones. They connect to the SHAC via Bacnet. I haven't used these, but they look quite configurable from the documentation.

Ashley, May 8, 2021
  3. 2SC

Pie Boy

As Ashley said If you need a wall thermostat the se8000 would be ideal, they can also communicate by modbus to the shac if you don’t have a bacnet server on site,
    I have used them with modbus several times without any problems.

The other option is as you say a 5104DTSI but then you need to make it look good on the wall...
    And you’ll still need a wall controller like an Edlt or some sort of touchscreen showing web page from shac

Pie Boy, May 10, 2021
  4. 2SC

Krondor

How are the Toshiba indoors controlled now? are they integrated to AMX and C bus?

Krondor, May 23, 2021
Ask a Question