Temp Sensor enable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruce M, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Bruce M

Bruce M

Hi gang,

I am using a temperature sensors to control floor heating. I am trying to set a clock unit to enable and disable to sensor. I am OK with the general set up and have created a new enable group that seems to enable the sensor ok. The problem i am having is the disable function. The clock seems to disable the sensor OK (ie the sensor does not function) however if the control group (floor heating) is on at the time when the sensor is disabled, it does not switch the heating off, it mearly de activates the function of the sensor. It seems that some sort of off command need to be sent to the floor heat at the time when the sensor is disabled as disabling the sensor does not nessisarily turn the load off.

I have then tried using the block function on the clock, selecting the control group as well as the enable on the same key hoping it would send an "off" comand to the load as well as the enable group when it times out. No luck here either.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Bruce M, Jul 24, 2005
  2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Has this one stumped everyone or dosen't anyone wan't to talk to me???

Bruce M, Aug 11, 2005
  3. Bruce M

pbelectrical

What about logic

I'm not familiar with the temp sensor but if it is programmed to control group addresses like other input units then maybe you can use the logic function on the output unit to achieve the desired result. ie/ set temp sensor group address to say room temp and then use a timer unit or maybe a schedule in a touchscreen if you have one and set the group address to floor timer, then set the output units group address to room temp and floor timer. This will mean that the output will only be enabled when both the temp sensor and the timer are in the on state. This should allow you to do away with having to use the control and enable applications. Of course you would use group addresses that are relevant to your particular project but this should give the gist of what I am suggesting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Peter Brown

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
    pbelectrical, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Bruce M

Don

you can use the Economy mode to effectively disable the heater.. just set the temperature of regulation in economy mode to 20 degrees lower than that when you want the regulation.

Don

Don, Aug 12, 2005
  5. Bruce M

Gavin Nation

Use a delay and turn off the heater

I have used a colour CTouch that disables the heater, delays 2 seconds and then turns the heater load off. It works. If you have a mono touch screen you could also use a scene to disable and trigger another scene after a second. The second scene then turns the load off.

Gavin Nation, Aug 22, 2005
Ask a Question