Tell me why

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by PSC, May 28, 2006.

1. PSC

PSC

Why is it when the screensaver is activated or when S+ is minimised the log window disappears?

Why is it when the 'set scene' command is issued via the S+ logic the scene trigger GA is pulsed on for approx 1 sec?

Why is it possible to only exclude 100 lines of code in S+ at a time?

PSC, May 28, 2006
  2. PSC

Darren Senior Member

The log window is part of the Schedule Plus software. When your screen saver kicks in or you minimise Schedule Plus, then it gets hidden along with the rest of Schedule Plus. This is normal Windows behaviour and is unavoidable.
    I have just tested this and the Scene trigger didn't get pulsed - it just got set to the trigger level (action selector) and stayed there. I tested two different ways :
    1. Using the SetScene logic command
    2. Using the SetTriggerLevel logic command to trigger the scene
    Both worked as expected.
    It could be possible that :
    1. You have other logic which is resetting the trigger group
    2. The trigger gets reset as part of the scene
    3. You have a device elsewhere in your system which is resetting the level
    If you look at the log, it will tell you where the command came from. This should shed some light on what is happening.
    What do you mean by "exclude" ?

Darren, May 29, 2006
  3. PSC

PSC

Shouldn't it log window re-appear when S+ is maximised? I thought that would have been classed as normal windows behaviour? :confused:

It was definitely being set via the 'SetScene' logic command. I have 3 buttons on a Reflection switch, each button is using its own GA - up, stop, down. After say 30 seconds of either the up or down command being issued I use the 'SetScene' command line only to issue the stop sequence.

After setting the stop scene the associated trigger GA for that scene seems to be pulsed on for approx 1-2 seconds as indicated via the Reflection stop LED (I haven't compared the log file). As a fix I created an 'OFF' scene and set that instead as this trigger GA has no associated buttons. And the stop trigger GA is not in my scenes...

You know Darren { } REM, Exclude, Forget about, don't run...:)

PSC, May 29, 2006
  4. PSC

Darren Senior Member

That is exactly what it does for me (tested V3.4.1, V3.5 and V3.6). If I open the log window and minimise S+, then the log window disappears with S+. If I maximise S+ again, the log form is shown exactly as it was before. Is this not what happens for you ?

You are right. If you put a { at the start of a long list of code and scroll down with the scroll bar, you will see that the code is highlighted in green for around 100 - 150 lines of code. Interestingly, if you scroll down with the arrow keys, it is all shown in green. Alternatively, if you change to another node in the tree and back, it is all shown correctly. There is obviously a bug with the third party component we are using for the editor.

The good news is that it will compile correctly.

Darren, May 31, 2006
Ask a Question