Telephone interface

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by yzf250, Feb 19, 2005.

1. yzf250

yzf250

Does anybody know how to enable the phone interface to answer after more than 3 rings ? I would like it wait for around 8 rings but it wont seem to let me.
    Also with the voice commands...Can it send a voice command when an output is turned on from a switch or only through the phone. I was wondering if for example when an exterior sensor picks up movement, can the unit output an audio command?

yzf250, Feb 19, 2005
  2. yzf250

ashleigh Moderator

The current telephone interface can answer after only 2 or 3 rings.

This was an expedient decision taken some time ago to fit into all of the different country regulatory environments.

In Australia, you can answer in a period of up to about 90 seconds. In Singapore, the regulation translates to a max of 3 rings.

Then there is the regulation about the minimum number of rings - for which the lowest common denominator is 2.

Hence either 2 or 3 rings, worldwide.

We know this is not satisfactory and have a firmware change in progress right now which will change these limits. All going well (ha ha - crazed laugh) this will be available for download in the next couple of weeks. Its made more complex by needing to keep an database for each country of the permitted min and max number of rings, and making sure that users or installers cannot change this database.

As for the other question: The CBTI has an audio output. This is a line out level, you can connect it to any audio amplifier that has a line input, and you can get audio announcements. In the TICA program, once you have entered the groups you want, you can set a message to be played as an audio notification, or a dial-out, or both.

When new software and firmware is available, there will be an announcement on this forum. Don't hold your breath, but check back here weekly....

ashleigh, Feb 20, 2005
  3. yzf250

yzf250

Speech

I have managed to get the audio to work when i use the phone locally but what i need is for the audio to work from switches or sensors. Is this possilble? For example- When a scene button is pressed say on a saturn switch, The audio can annouce the scene.

yzf250, Feb 22, 2005
  4. yzf250

ashleigh Moderator

Its a bit difficult to announce a scene because the CBTI does not completely understand the scene trigger mechanism.

Here is a partial solution:

You need to find how the scene is triggered.

All scenes have an associated TRIGGER GROUP and ACTION SELECTOR.

For historical reasons, these will appear in the software as a GROUP and LEVEL :mad:

So....

Find what's used to trigger that scene (ie, the Application, Group, Level OR Application, Trigger Group and Action Selector).

Then, using TICA, add a new device.
    In that device, select that the application is Trigger Control, and for the Group, enter the Group used to trigger the scene.

Turn off the contact list optrions and set so its announce only. Enter the message you want announced.

*note* because you cannot enter the scene action selector, ALL scenes on the same trigger group will be announced.

If you don't know what this means, take a read of the tutorial on this forum "What the heck are scenes anyway", which you will find here: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439

ashleigh, Feb 22, 2005
  5. yzf250

yzf250

Cheers

Thanks Ashleigh
    I will try that when I sit down with it next.

yzf250, Feb 23, 2005
Ask a Question