Telephone Interface (CBTI) RS232 as PCI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Darren Hunter, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Darren Hunter

Darren Hunter

Hi all

Can the CBTI's RS232 port be used as a regular PCI (ie. does it give full PCI level access to the CBus Network or is it specific to the CBTI).

I have tried connecting the CBus Toolkit to it to no avail - although I have persisted to hard yet. I generally use the CNI to talk to the Network but some things still require to use the COM side.

Another question (related but wrong forum maybe):
    Will the TICA (using V2 beta) be enable to talk via CNI or will it always be via COM?

Thanks
    Darren

Darren Hunter, Jun 20, 2005
  2. Darren Hunter

Richo

Yes it can. Just plug into the RS232 port as if it was a PCI. It should just work. If not try powering the CBTI off, then on.

Whilst you are connected as a PCI the CBTI will not operate as a CBTI, so don't stay permanently connected to the CBTI.

No. The C-Bus network only communicates at 9600 baud and is throughput throttled to prevent flooding of the bus. The download of audio data to the CBTI over C-Bus would take *many* hours. For this reason it was decided to limit access via the serial port which runs at 115K baud unthrottled.

Richo, Jun 20, 2005
  3. Darren Hunter

Darren Hunter

Many thanks - will give it a go

That was very prompt indeed

Darren Hunter, Jun 20, 2005
Ask a Question