TCP Socket Connections in Piced Logic

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by DarylMc, Sep 14, 2010.

1. DarylMc

DarylMc

Hello
    Is anyone able help me to get started with using the logic engine with TCP sockets.
    I will be attending the next CBus logic course available in Brisbane but until then I would like to learn as much as possible.

I would be very happy to just make a start with socket connections for now and would like to try to query a device and send the reply to a page component.

Is anyone able to point me to some examples, help files or sample text since I can only find the serial port version in the examples.

Thanks
    Daryl

DarylMc, Sep 14, 2010
  2. DarylMc

ashleigh Moderator

I believe there is help. Also, search this forum, there are some examples in here.

ashleigh, Sep 14, 2010
  3. DarylMc

DarylMc

Thanks for the reply Ashleigh.
    I havent located one yet.
    At the momemt I am just working through the PICED help file from the start.

DarylMc, Sep 14, 2010
  4. DarylMc

Newman

All the information on socket connections is in the Logic help file, not the main PICED help file. Open the logic help file and do a search for the term "socket". It will give you all the relevant help topics.

This post has an example.

Newman, Sep 14, 2010
  5. DarylMc

DarylMc

Hello Newman
    Thanks for the info and link.
    I found the logic help file and eventually got a successful write going to the socket.

Do you know if the Clipsal Logic Training course covers TCPIP socket connections?
    I struggle to follow the examples which Dave Jagger has kindly made available so I will keep studying and see if I can read a socket.

One question I have tried to find an answer with no luck is regarding the ip address of the socket I want to connect to.
    I have no trouble connecting with Hyperterminal using the dynamic domain name but cant get it to work from the logic so I am using the actual ip address for now.
    This wont be a problem on site I suppose but would you have any info about this.
    Daryl

DarylMc, Sep 15, 2010
  6. DarylMc

NickD Moderator

The socket functions in the logic engine don't support name resolution - you have to use the IP address.

What are you trying to connect to?

Nick

NickD, Sep 15, 2010
  7. DarylMc

DarylMc

Hello Nick
    I spent some time reading about socket connections and the logic engine last night and trying to test on a remote device.
    I threw me a bit when I got the compiler error and I thought I must have been entering it incorrectly.
    Sure it wont be a problem when I put it on site.
    Thanks

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    DarylMc, Sep 15, 2010
Ask a Question