TCP connections (OpenClientSocket)

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by filpee, Apr 1, 2008.

1. filpee

filpee

OpenClientSocket lets me open a tcp port to control various devices but I cannot find any documentation explaining the limitations.

Can it also do UDP?
    I have read that you can only connect to a certain port range, what is this range?
    I know a PAC or the new B/W cannot open sockets but is there a difference between homegate, schedule+ and CTC?
    How many connections can be opened at once?

Cheers guys.

filpee, Apr 1, 2008
  2. filpee

Darren Senior Member

No
    Colour C-Touch only allows connections in the range 10000-19999 for security reasons.
    No, other than as above.
    One.

Darren, Apr 2, 2008
  3. filpee

filpee

Orsm.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

filpee, Apr 2, 2008
  4. filpee

Manas

TCP/IP communication with wiser

Hi,

I am facing a small problem while integrating wiser with a third party Ethernet to RS232 converter. Basically I want to control ULTI keypads using wiser UI.

I have copied a small example code from help file to begin with which opens a client socket. Waits until socket is connected and then send 'hello' through it.

1. What IP address should I put in the open socket command? Is it a destination IP or native IP of wiser?
    2. How many ports are allowed in wiser? Is it same as that of a ctouch?
    3. I have not connected any cbus hardware to wiser except a CNI. When I start wiser it shows 'cbus not connected'. In 'other' options, an option says that logic will not run unitl cbus is connected (and this is always enabled for wiser). Do I need cbus hardware for demo?

I have tried controlling the converter from my PC using third party hyper terminals and there is no problem with the converter. Please help me out.

Regards,
    Manas

Manas, Oct 4, 2010
  5. filpee

Darren Senior Member

Destination IP.

4 (see help file topic "Software Limits")

The CNI needs C-Bus connected.

Darren, Oct 6, 2010
Ask a Question