Taken over Project

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Merge, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Merge

Merge

Hi Guys

I've taken over a project (received the xml file and loaded it). I can't find out what version of Toolkit it was done on (it's about a year old) but I am using Toolkit 1.10.5, CGATE v2.7.1 (build 2273) and PICED 4.6.1.0 and I've added a PAC.

Here's my problem;

PICED transfers program to PAC unit on COM9 but cannot connect to CBUS. The error message on the bottom of the screen is (Network 1/1 open fail). Even though I'm using a PAC, I like to use the PICED as a screen simulator to test scene triggers etc, and without a connection to CBUS I can't do this. Are there any other firmware updates I should do, or any issues with Toolkit you might know about, compatibilities etc.

Would I be advised maybe to backdate Toolkit and PICED to whatever was current about a year ago?

All suggestions well appreciated.

Regards

Kev

Merge, Jul 23, 2009
  2. Merge

Merge

More Info

Oy, further to this someone might have set the PAC up as a PCI. In Toolkit the PAC shows no firmware version - just empty { }. Can the PAC be reset?

Kev

Merge, Jul 23, 2009
  3. Merge

NickD Moderator

The PAC can switch between PAC and PCI mode.. to switch it back to PAC mode I'm pretty sure all you do is unplug the USB port.

When PICED connects to the network I think it uses the serial port settings from the C-Gate project... if you open the project in Toolkit can you scan the network through the PAC?

Nick

NickD, Jul 24, 2009
  4. Merge

ashleigh Moderator

Don't downgrade your s/w!

Use the latest. Check the downloads page and get the latest of everything unless specifically advised not to.

ashleigh, Jul 24, 2009
  5. Merge

Merge

All fine, thanks :)

Merge, Jul 27, 2009
Ask a Question